- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; Second edition (2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131398329
- ISBN-13: 978-3131398321
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.3 x 19 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,75,740 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis: With Chinese Therapy Guidelines for Acupuncture, Herbal Prescriptions and Nutrition (Complementary Medicine (Thieme Paperback)) Paperback – 2011
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Praise for the First Edition:The authors take a comprehensive approach to treatment by including acupuncture, herbs and diet; the photos are good; and the cases are interesting. - The Lantern: A Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine
In this fully up-to-date Second Edition, experts in Chinese medicine explain how traditional Chinese tongue diagnosis can be used in daily practice to complement conventional Western methods.
The guide begins with a brief introduction to the history, anatomy, physiology, and methodology of tongue diagnosis followed by basic techniques and systematic procedures for identifying the manifold individual characteristics of the tongue's shape and its many modifications. Full-color photographs of tongues then demonstrate a variety of clinical scenarios to help readers develop a holistic approach to diagnosis.
- An in-depth review of the tongue's most important anatomic and physiologic features, including the lingual papillae, the tongue muscles, arterial supply, and much more
- More than 180 full-color illustrations and high-quality clinical photographs of Western tongues enhance the text
- Treatment suggestions for using acupuncture, herbs, and nutrition accompany each clinical image
- Medical assessment of 28 case histories with real-life photographs from the authors' practice
The Second Edition of Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis is an essential resource for every practitioner or student of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, or complementary medicine.
About the Author
Naturopath, Berlin, Germany
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com