By Pioneer BDP-180 Network 3D Blu-Ray Player with 4K Video Upscaler, Built-In Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast and HDMI Cable(Black)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Network 3D Blu-Ray Player
- Voltage: DC 12 VSize : Approx. 15.2 x 12.7 x 3.8cm / 5.98 x 5 x 1.50"
- Package Includes : 1 x LP-838 Amplifier
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Based on Pioneer's long-standing expertise as an innovator in optical disc technology, the latest Blu-ray Disc player features outstanding playability for almost any format or disc, even for scratched or soiled ones. Experience a spectacular view with 4K/24p upscaling, and convenience with Quick/Slow View with Audio. You can listen to WAV/FLAC/ALAC/DSD Hi-Res Audio files, watch videos with the "Send to TV" feature, or share smartphone videos, photos, apps, or games on TV via MiracastTM. With the BDP-180 you always have the best sort of entertainment. The 4K upscaler scales full HD content from Blu-ray discs (1080/24p) for compatible televisions in high-resolution and ultra-HD, and creates breathtaking home cinema evenings. Watch your favourite content from your mobile devices on the television screen without any problems. With Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast you don't even need a router to do this, the connection works simply, wirelessly and directly. Watch videos directly on your television screen via the BDP 180. Or use it as a fully-equipped network player and access videos and music in all of the most popular formats from local servers and computers, with support for high-resolution FLAC files, DSD and HD multi-channel sound. The 3D Blu-ray disc player also provides a USB front input, supports the reproduction of SACDs and, with a sound retriever link and a stream smoother link, guarantees better picture and sound quality together with compatible Pioneer multi-channel receivers. Via the "Quick view with sound" and "Slow view with sound" functions Blu-ray discs and DVD films can be played faster or slower, without the sound level, and thus the sound characteristics, being changed. The specially-developed, iControlAV5 app, which is available with no charge, also controls the BDP-180 in a very convenient and comprehensive manner via Smartphone or Tablet computer.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. This is by far the only player which offers dual channel audio output. That means, if you have so called Music System setup, this is the only Bluray player in the market which can be hooked into the existing Music System. This was my one of the biggest criteria of selection. So if you already own a great old music system (may be7-8 yeards old) - which are in comparison with today's cheap (how much costly it may be) Bluetooth speakers/soundbars a miles ahead - this is the only choice. No shame, I am a fully SONY fan and each and every device I use is SONY. But still SONY does not have any product which addresses this issue.
2. Picture Quality - Honestly I did not see any difference with my previous SONY BDP S490. So it means, incredible color reproduction. I have Full HD SONY 43 inch Triluminous Display with HDR. I have couple of UK, USA, AUSTRALIA import DVD and Blurays (i.e. Region 1, 2 & 4) along with India made discs. All ran smoothly :-). So that means this plays multi-region even it has not been advertised. The Band of Brother, The Frozen Planet and Planet Earth looked stunning. The DVD upscaling was extremely good. Obviously it will depend on the DVD encoding quality. I ran a Terminator 2 Region 1 (US import) DVD. It looked flawless either - in fact was not able differentiate it with a 20 GB MKV HD file copy. So picture quality wise - 10/10 as I could not find any fault.
3. Sound Quality - This is top notch. You through the Audio CD - I did Michael Jackson's Dangerous and Started "Jam" in high volume in my SONY GR8. It sounded pristine. Ran FLAC, MP3, WAV - all went smooth.Picks up from front & back USB drive too.
4. M2TS compatibility - I read someone mentioned that this player cannot play the AVCHD files. That was a let down to me as I have lot of HD video shot with SONY HDR-CX160. To my surprise - it can play :-). So all the majorly available video files I have tested (AVI, M2TS, MP4, VOB) all ran smoothly.
5. Remote Control - Complete Shocker! Big Letdown. You press a switch and let's wait for sunrise. However, if you know how to use your staff, you should be fine. But in all means the software quality is junk. Also it has got some aiming problem - you have to direct it towards the laser receiver port.
I could not test the WiFi compatibility. I will update afterwards.
Except the remote - this one is a winner.
Suman Mandal (Kolkata)
Full stars for product.. But -ve rating for the seller due to not sending the complete package even when it is mentioned everywhere including heading & product description..
It has an exceptional video as well as audio performance.
And those of you who doesn't know, it even trumps PS3 Super Slim/PS4 Pro in it's Blu-ray playing capability as well as audio performance.
You can buy this eyes closed!
1. Audio: I have connected the Optical Out to my old Onkyo TX SR 307 AV Receiver and the video to my TV via HDMI. Hence I can't fully give my comments so far as Dolby True HD is concerned but The Dolby Digital and Neo Plus options give out the much required airy cymbals and tight bass. Listening to some tracks of Def Leppard and other Classic rock, I can see that the mids are very nice, low ends are quite tight and not boomy. Cymbals sound like pristine crystals. Be sure that you use only high resolution files like FLAC and not judge the player by listening to YouTube and MP3s.
2. Video: I tried only MKVs now and at 1080p, the screen is vibrant and comes alive. Details are awesome and there's enough black to consider it a top notch player in terms of video.
3. Miscellaneous: The player comes selected with the wired LAN option by default (at least mine did). So you have to check the settings and opt for the wireless mode to get connected. I have seen that many people have experienced the player to be very slow. But I can't seem to experience that with mine. YouTube takes a bit time to start up, but even Amazon Fire Stick does that. And this is not a show stopper. Because the end results are what you get with pristine audio and video. When selecting the source as USB, the player shows audio and video and some other folders. If you want to play audio you have to go to the audio folder and play, because when you select Audio, even the video filenames are displayed but couldn't be played. So in order to play video, you have return and navigate to the Video folder and play the video files. Again, this is no pain. Seems quite logical.
The only con I found was that the product description mentioned an HDMI cable is included in the package. But it was not. But not much to complain about that since I already got the player with a very very good deal on Great Indian sale! :P Hence, bought a Blue Rigger HDMI cable separately.
Overall: Excellent Audio and Video. Use the player with High Grade AV components (eg. Onkyo, Yamaha, Marantz receivers and speakers like DALI, Polk Audio, Klipsch etc) and you won't be disappointed.
Nice picture and sound.
Warranty issue might get you into trouble. Pioneer service is horrible. Better go for yamaha or denon. Though priced more they provide prompt service.
Added later. pioneer india denied service to me mentioning that there is no warranty for online purchases
immediately i mailed to pioneer (which is given in site).
They replied me Like this: we don't provide warranty for the products purchased online. We would suggest you to kindly return it.
what we can do with this warranty less products???
why amazon is encouraging this type of vendors (Best Buy Shoppe).