"As the editor notes in the preface, although one could write an entire book on each of the topics covered in this book, this is an excellent comprehensive overview of the broad field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. I would highly recommend this for anyone practicing physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a resident building my foundation of knowledge, I found the book easy to read while providing a sufficient overview of the topics.' - Samman Shahpar, MD(Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago), Excerpts from Doody's review service, Rating - 4 stars!
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation presents today’s best physiatry knowledge and techniques, ideal for the whole rehabilitation team. This trusted reference delivers the proven science and comprehensive guidance you need to offer every patient maximum pain relief and optimal return to function. In this new edition, Dr. Randall L. Braddom covers current developments in interventional injection procedures, the management of chronic pain, integrative medicine, recent changes in the focus of stroke and brain injury rehabilitation, and much more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding of important concepts thanks to 1400 detailed illustrations-1000 in full color.
- Find and apply the information you need easily with each chapter carefully edited by Dr. Braddom and his associates for consistency, succinctness, and readability.
- Master axial and peripheral joint injections through in-depth coverage of the indications for and limitations of these therapies.
- Make optimal use of ultrasound in diagnosis and treatment.
- Get a broader perspective on your field from a new chapter on PM&R in the international community.