Top positive review
A gemstone for Physical Geography. A must read for UPSC.
11 July 2019
I bought it for Rs. 400. The MRP is Rs. 650.
This is the new version of an old book by R.P.Bunnett. This was an extremely popular book in Civil Services Circle around 15 years back. It was discontinued for the last 10 years and we could not find it even online. It is really good to see this book back in the Indian market.
This book contains the concepts of Physical Geography. These concepts and topics have been depicted and elaborated through diagrams which makes the understanding of these concepts extremely simple.
1. Almost all the topics of Physical Geography have been covered.
2. The author has tried to teach all the concepts and topics with the help of diagrams. This makes the understanding of these concepts extremely simple.
3. Since the diagrams are there, the concepts get deeply entrenched in your mind and you won't forget them easily.
4. The book is fully coloured. All the pages are coloured. The diagrams are also coloured. Reading the book becomes extremely interesting because of these.
5. Diagrams contain enough explanation to understand the phenomena.
6. Key points of every chapter have been given at the end of the chapter.
7. An exercise has been provided at the end of every chapter. This exercise contains objective+subjective questions.
8. The answers to all the objective questions in the exercise have been provided at the end of the exercise.
9. Lucid language. So easy to understand.
10. Font size is medium.
11. Binding of the book is good.
12. Excellent paper quality.
1. Price is on the higher side but once you'll get the book, you'll find that the quality of the content, pages and diagrams completely justify the price. So value for money product for sure.
Final comment- Whether you are preparing for UPSC or State PSC, Physical Geography is a key area to be covered. This book will make understanding the concepts and topics a cakewalk. So if you are appearing in UPSC CSE or State PSC Civil Services Exams, you should definitely purchase and read it. It will lend your concepts of Physical Geography to some other level.