Philips 70048/32/66 Carl Desk Light (Red)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Bulb Base: E27
- 80 percent energy saving as compared to traditional light sources
- Ease of use with convenient on-shade switch
- 11 watt CFL lamp included
- Number of Bulbs: 1
- Power: 11 watts; Voltage: 230 volts
- Maximum Wattage Replacement Bulb: 11 watts
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Reliable desk lighting for a brighter tomorrow, providing a simple and practical solution for your desk lighting needs, this compact and sturdy lamp comes with a flexible gooseneck for easy light orientation.
From the manufacturer
Q: Why should you use a desk light?
Desk lights fall under the category of task lights. As task light serves the function of localized lighting which provides you with the adequate amount of light needed to perform a given task.
Task lighting may be used for activities which need high focus – reading, writing, craft work, working, using a computer, putting on makeup or even shaving.
Your regular light in the house is not designed to be suitable for all activities. It is also not efficient to use your regular lighting for all sorts of tasks. You can dim down your regular lights to create a soothing atmosphere and use only a task light for the work you are doing. This saves energy and is also better for your eyes.
If you are using the desk light in an area such as the living room with TV and other ambient light, you may want to use an LED desk light – which will have a more focused beam and will not interfere with your other lighting.
Q: What kind of desk light is suitable to you?
A good desk light will save you from eye strain and headaches. As you get older, your eyes need more light to be able to focus better on the task at hand. However, starting young is the key to keeping your eyes healthy.
Warm color temperatures are soothing and make for nice atmosphere, while cooler colour temperatures stimulate the brain and may increase productivity.
Philips LED desk lights use a matte diffuser and are designed to reduce glare, eye strain and eye fatigue.
We recommend products ranging from 3-5W for all your home needs.
Q: How should a desk light be used?
A desk light should be used away from your eyes and either above/behind your head. The lamp source should never be directed towards your eyes.
Q: Should I buy an LED desk light or any would do?
An LED desk light is a safe and more effective option for your needs at home if you are looking for a product which lasts you long.
1. Incandescent bulb/CFL/Unbranded LED desk lights heat up very quickly. A good LED product will heat up only 1/5th of regular lamp based/unbranded led product. This means that even if you or your child touches a Philips LED desk light by mistake, it will never hurt you. It stays cool and we ensure the body of the desk light is made of safe materials.
2. Philips LED desk light has a CRI of >80 which ensures your colours are bright and accurate. This makes all your crafting, colouring projects look accurate and well co-ordinated!
3. Philips LED desk lights will last you long. A halogen bulb lasts only 2000 hours whereas an LED product will last you at least 4 times as much.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The placement of the ON/OFF switch must have been on the base. The reason for placing very close the hot lamp base is not understood.
We expect much better product design from a brand like Philips.
Had I got opportunity see the product before purchase I would not have gone for it. This is one of the shortcomings of online purchase.
Overall a good product.
It is perfect produt for study purpose. It is bigger than shown in images it is quite heavy also but one can handle it easily. It has a plug and a bulb inbuilt which is not shown in this pic. Its light spreads over the table...and a probably best product. Worth paying for!.