- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Classics; Reprint edition (23 September 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 009958932X
- ISBN-13: 978-0099589327
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.1 x 17.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 51 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,19,697 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Persuasion (Jane Austen Vintage Classics Series) (Vintage Classics Austen Series) Paperback – 23 Sep 2014
|Paperback, 23 Sep 2014||
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"In Persuasion, Jane Austen picks up the pen to tell us who we are and what we want" (Independent)
"Everyone has their Austen, and this is mine. Sparer, more savage - and also more poignant than Pride and Prejudice, this is a novel that tells us wisely and wittily about the nature of romantic entanglements and the follies of being human. It isn't riven with the deep, muscular ironies of, say, Emma, but there is something about the dry lightness of Persuasion that is deceptive. It stays with you long after you've read it" (Nigella Lawson)
"I worship all of Austen's novels, but if I have to choose one over the others, I plump for the autumnal pleasures of Persuasion. This is the last work Austen completed before her death in 1817, and it is rather more tender and melancholy in tone than the novels that preceded it. I read it once or twice a year, whenever I feel in need of a good cry" (Zoe Heller)
"A subtle and elegiac novel - more heartfelt than some of her earlier romances and with a truly appealing heroine" (Joanna Trollope)
"Female self-worth could have been invented by Jane Austen. No wonder we still value her" (Germaine Greer Guardian)
From the Inside Flap
WITH AN INTRODUCTION BY LYNNE TRUSS
Eight years ago Anne Elliot bowed to pressure from her family and made the decision not to marry the man she loved, Captain Wentworth. Now circumstances have conspired to bring him back into her social circle and Anne finds her old feelings for him reignited. However, when they meet again Wentworth behaves as if they are strangers and seems more interested in her friend Louisa. In this, her final novel, Jane Austen tells the story of a love that endures the tests of time and society with humour, insight and tenderness.
'It is a sort of a private novel. In the heroine, Anne Elliot, we have glimpses of Austen and what happened to her; the lost romance and the lost youth' Julian Fellowes
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Good print and paper quality is good. But, the description at the back of the book is of a different story of Jane Austen- Emma (knew is because have read that book also). I don't know if this mis printing is with my edition or there are others.
It never bothered me but want a polite note to the publisher to get this error rectified.
Haven't read the book thus.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews