My previous smart watch was a Moto 360 which was an amazing device, but i had purchased for 21k, so I didn't have too high expectations from this watch, however have been pleasantly surprised!
1. Big wide screen (1.9 inch) good for people who like wearing 42-44-46 mm round dial watches
2. Had purchased the beige watch, strap is 22 mm size, had many straps of my moto 360 which were compatible with this watch so was good!
3. Watch has features like tilt to wake, sp02, heart rate and also pleasantly surprised that it has blood pressure measurement too. Accuracy yet to be measured, but on other YouTube reviewer videos it holds its accuracy against an oxymeter.
4. Watch has upto 200 watch faces, so you can choose as per your requirement.
5. You can make and receive calls directly from the watch. Music you can control the phone or even directly play music off the watch speaker
6.You can save upto 200 contacts on the watch, so you can add all your speed dials on it.
7. Pairing is through Bluetooth and the WearPro app.
8. Pebble offers a 1 year replacement guarantee for any manufacturing defects.
9. Has a sedentary reminder, water reminder, do not disturb mode.
10. Charges wirelessly, so i can charge directly through my nothing phone 1, don't need a separate charger or cable! Cable is provided in the box though.
11. Supports upto 10 app notifications, listed the ones that were installed on my phone which it supported (good enough).
12. LCD display, while i would have preferred LED it looks pretty good. Uniform bezels across the watch (see photo)
13. Good built quality - gives a very premium feel Weighs around ~57 gm.
Cons / Area of improvment
1. Watch is slightly on the thicker side compared to the cosmos ultra.
2. No auto brightness mode -so you will need to adjust it i guess
3. Msg notifications display supports limited characters -~70-80 characters, so long messages you will need to read off your phone. Similarly watch doesn't understand emoji in characters.
4. Notifications are dismissed on the watch but will continue to be on the phone.
5. Screen protector not provided in the box like the Pebble Cosmos Ultra.
6. Default watch faces are 5 on the watch plus one which 1 is customisable / you can replace with the watch faces from the app. Every time you replace a watch face the watch will restart.
7. While uploading face /synchronisation of the app with watch, location on phone should be on, noticed lag /errors when the location was turned off and tried synch the watch.
Yet to assess battery life since it's just the first day of usage. Will update later.
***** UPDATE AFTER 5 days OF USAGE****
1. Battery life when it's connected to your phone all the time, will last you 2-3 days maximum again depending on usage whether you are listening to music, taking calls, set the HR monitor to take a reading every 1 hour etc. Using it only on watch mode (i.e with Bluetooth switched off, smart features off, will give you better life at the max 4-5days)
2. Noticed the battery doesn't drain gradually i.e battery doesn't drain from 100 to 95, 94 etc...from 100% it dips in % of 20s, i.e it stays at 100% for long time, drains but the battery % will change status only once it drops to 80%, 60% and so on....
3. Always on display also turns off after sometime, will wake once you raise your wrist.
4. Pebble will send you an email asking you to review the device for extended 3 month warranty.
5. For now getting a screenguard is difficult.
6. Accuracy of fitness tracking maybe at the level of any band in the price range of 2-4 k. Step tracking also gets updated after every 20-30 steps not realtime like other bands like Mi. Give this a pass if you are looking for specific fitness tracking.
Overall despite shortcomings - if you want a big size watch with decent build quality and battery life of 2-3 days, with average fitness tracking, decent health features go for it. If you are expecting a full fledged smart watch equivalent to a galaxy S4 watch or others, not the device for you.
|Manufacturer||SRK Powertech Pvt Ltd, SRK Powertech Pvt. Ltd. G201, Sector 63 Noida- 201305|
|Model Name||Cosmos Prime|
|Product Dimensions||4.38 x 3.72 x 1.08 cm; 50 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Item model number||PFB32|
|Memory Storage Capacity||256 MB|
|Compatible Devices||Tablet, Smartphone|
|Special Features||Sleep Monitor, Blood Pressure Monitor, Alarm Clock, Wireless Charging, Heart Rate Monitor|
|Mounting Hardware||User Manual, Charging Usb Cable|
|Number of items||1|
|Standing screen display size||1.9 Inches|
|Battery Average Life||5 Days|
|Battery cell composition||Lithium Ion|
|Device interface - primary||Touchscreen, Buttons|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||Yes|
|Manufacturer||SRK Powertech Pvt Ltd|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item Weight||50 g|