- Product Dimensions: 19 x 7.6 x 4.6 cm ; 454 g
- Item model number: 1054751
- ASIN: B0000CCY1S
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 29 March 2012
- Average Customer Review: 37 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #35,591 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Style: Good Grips® Julienne Peeler
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Description for Oxo Good Grips Julienne Peeler
High-Quality Peeler with a Safety Cover
Peel vegetable strips quickly and conveniently using the Oxo Good Grips julienne peeler. This handy kitchen tool cuts even sized, thin strips of all your favourite vegetables with ease. It features a sharp, smooth blade made of durable stainless steel that effectively protects the peeler from stains and corrosion. Moreover, this stainless steel blade features a flip-top safety cover. It moves out of the way while you peel, but provides a protective cover when you store it away. This julienne peeler considerably simplifies the tedious task of cutting vegetables and saves a lot of your precious time as well.
Ergonomically Designed; Easy to Wash
The sharp stainless steel blade of this Oxo julienne peeler is attached to a sturdy plastic handle. This handle is ergonomically designed to offer a firm grip. Moreover, the handle features a non-slip surface for preventing the peeler from slipping, even when your hand is wet. You can easily clean and maintain this Good Grips julienne peeler by simply washing it in your dishwasher. This Oxo peeler can be used to cut vegetables for garnishing various dishes and making salad toppings. The stainless steel blade is great for julienning firm vegetables and fruits like carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, apples or pears.
- Brand: Oxo
- Material: Stainless steel and plastic
- Additional Features: Clear, flip-top safety cover, non-slip surface, ergonomic design for a firm grip
- Care Instructions: Dishwasher safe
- Weight: 85g
- Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 1 inches
From the Manufacturer
OXO's Peelers – An a-peel-ing alternative
The Swivel Peeler was the first of over 800 OXO tools introduced since 1990. OXO's founder was inspired to create a better functioning, more comfortable alternative to the traditional metal peeler after watching his wife struggle while peeling apples for a tart.
OXO's line of peelers includes options for all kinds of preferences, including the original Swivel Peeler, a Y-Peeler, a Serrated Peeler and a Julienne Peeler.
OXO's iconic Swivel Peeler has found a home in the permanent collections of museums all over the world, including New York City's Museum of Modern Art. Next time, tell your friends you own a bona-fide museum piece!
- Small, uncomfortable handles hurt users' hands during repetitive tasks and require strength to grip; Handles do not flex for comfort
- Materials used are slippery, especially when wet
- Inefficient blades with poor cutting angles and sharpness cut into edible parts of fruits and vegetables, resulting in significant waste
- During development, designers literally watched people of all ages and abilities (male & female, young & old, lefties & righties and people with special needs) interact with the product to identify precisely where on the handle users applied pressure while peeling.
- The design team explored hundreds of different handles and learned that a bicycle handle, with its large size and "grippy" material, was a very effective jumping-off point for the Swivel Peeler. Bicycle handles have to be sturdy enough to give riders a significant amount of control, a feature that was lacking in the world of kitchen tools.
- While sourcing parts for the original Swivel Peeler, designers worked with a blade manufacturer that was famous for creating Samurai swords. What better way to ensure the user would not have to expend much effort when peeling a carrot, apple or potato?
- Large handle fits comfortably in hand and elliptical shape keeps it from rotating; "Fins" on either side absorb pressure while in use.
- Durable, rubberized material provides a cushioned, non-slip grip and significant control, even when wet.
- Sharp blades are angled to remove only the minimum amount of peel necessary with little force
With the introduction of the Swivel Peeler, OXO set a new standard by creating a wonderfully effective, attractive tool that people of all ages and abilities were proud and eager to use. Consumers everywhere were taken with the "roly-poly, pudgy handles, " changing the look of kitchens the world over.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Bagonia 3-In-1 Rotational Vegetable Peeler, Julienne Slicer And Shredder,(Pack Of 1)
PROfreshionals Julienne Peeler
Oxo Good Grips Y Peeler
Victorinox 7.6075.1 Universal Peeler - Red
|Shipping||25.00||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Premium Homeware||Bagonia||HelloYehlo||Premium Homeware||CIRCUIT BOARD|
|Included Components||1 Piece - Peeler||Blade For Serrated,; Blade For Wavy; Blade For Chipping||—||1 Piece - Peeler||Universal Peeler|
|Item Weight||454 grams||55 grams||—||68 grams||20 grams|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reduced 1 star because the price is too high, atrocious indeed.
Reduced another because the delivery person was awful and asked for more money as well as demanded cash.
Update: I've beautiful pics of cucumber noodles with mango dressing. Too bad, I'm unable to upload.