- Hardcover: 1796 pages
- Publisher: Oxford; 8 edition (18 March 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780194799119
- ISBN-13: 978-0194799119
- ASIN: 0194799115
- Package Dimensions: 24.6 x 16.8 x 5.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 165 customer reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 120.00 Delivery charge
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
+ 130.00 Delivery charge
Oxford Advance Learner's Dictionary Hardcover – 18 Mar 2010
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (2): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only draw back is, the dictionary not contain many illustrative(images) examples. If we have images for maximum words then it will be very easy to understand and remember too.
The reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of the paper quality and font size. Though the pages are smooth, they are translucent, you can see the words on the other side of the page. I already have a mini dictionary which has got small font. So I expected, seeing the size of this book to have bigger font size. But may be considering the depth of the content, increasing the font size would dramatically increase the thickness of the book.
I won't mind a bigger(and thicker) size and 100-200 increase in price but with good quality paper after all no one carries this one around
Anyhow, its the best dictionary out there if you don't mind the paper quality.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Well explained meanings
IPa symbols used for pronunciation
Helpful for English students who doing ma in English
This is a dictionary which everyone wants to have. Here, both -British and American type of transcription are given.Read more
and cost of the book is just waste.Please do not
buy the book...Read more