- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: Orient BlackSwan (2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8125015655
- ISBN-13: 978-8125015659
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 21.6 x 2.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #14,662 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Our Films Their Films (Disha) Paperback – 2001
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Let me start by saying that this is a must read for those who consider themselves as students of celluloid. The book is a collection of essays written by Ray for various national and international publications. The accounts Ray presents to us shows the versatile genius he was. How was story chosen?, An actor identified? , a scene envisioned? , a location decided?, How was the editing done? All these with the unique challenges of making unconventional, cost effective films in India which are world class. Ray will let you in for a snapshot of his astute pysche, leave you with a great understanding of the medium and an even greater admiration for his masterpieces. --Ankur Datta Feb 20, 2012
The delivery by Flipkart was prompt. I wanted to review this product after finishing the book. The book gives us a glimpse, not only of Ray's film making style but also of his view of Indian, Hollywood, European and Japanese films of the the classic era. The articles in this book have been written by a person having a highly analytical film making mind with a movie loving heart. Read this for Ray's love of movies alone. --Abhishek Mukherjee Sep 10, 2014
Nicely done, It's shadow of Satyajit Ray. satyajit Ray shows the experience of Films. Amazing Book!!! Love it. . --By devarshi on 18 July 2014
About the Author
Satyajit Ray was a prolific film maker and writer who brought widespread recognition towards Indian Cinema through his film Pather Panchali. Satyajit s Ray s style of writing didn t conform to any particular format or texture. He wrote about science fiction in Professor Shanku and also handled the psychological study of criminal minds in the Feluda Stories. Satyajit Ray primarily wrote books in Bengali and his English essays on films were published as Our Films Their Films in the year 1976. He wrote other books related to film-making like Ekei Bole Shooting and Bishoy Chalachchitra, which were published in 1979 and 1976, respectively.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wish this book had a part 2.