- Hardcover: 176 pages
- Publisher: Allen Lane (24 May 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780241292525
- ISBN-13: 978-0241292525
- ASIN: 0241292522
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 2 x 18.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 25 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,800 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Order of Time Hardcover – 29 May 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
In Carlo Rovelli modern physics has found its poet. A captivating, fascinating, profoundly beautiful book. . . Rovelli is a wonderfully humane, gentle and witty guide for he is as much philosopher and poet as he is a scientist (John Banville Irish Times)
Rovelli is a wonderful writer. . . The ideas in The Order of Time are extraordinary, and I rather fear you should read it (Nick Hornby Believer)
I consider Carlo Rovelli to be a poet as much as a physicist. . . Everybody should read this book (Es Devlin)
A dazzling book. . . Meet the new Stephen Hawking. . . I've never seen special relativity explained so well, never visualised it less fuzzily, never felt such a jolt of shock at what it implies (James McConnachie Sunday Times)
The superstar physicist who wants to make science accessible to all (Channel 4 News)
A joy to read. . . Rovelli writes easily, vividly and brilliantly - he is as at ease with Beethoven as he is with Boltzmann's constant, and verses by Horace launch each chapter, one of which ends with a couplet from the Grateful Dead. . . A delight (Tim Radford Guardian)
A dizzying, poetic work in which I found myself abandoning everything I thought I knew about time (Charlotte Higgins Guardian)
Physics' literary superstar makes us rethink time. . . The Order of Time will surely establish Rovelli among the pantheon of great scientist-communicators. . . More of this please (Philip Ball New Scientist)
Rovelli is one of our great scientific explicators. . . Not since Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time has there been so genial an integration of physics and philosophy (Ian Thomson Observer)
We live in an age of wonderful science writing, and Carlo Rovelli's The Order of Time, is an example of the very best. Time is something we think we know about instinctively; here he shows how profoundly strange it really is (Philip Pullman Guardian)
About the Author
Carlo Rovelli is a theoretical physicist who has made significant contributions to the physics of space and time. He has worked in Italy and the us and is currently directing the quantum gravity research group of the centre de physique Theorique in Marseille, France. His books seven brief lessons on physics and reality is not what it seems are international bestsellers translated into forty-one languages.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read only one chapter on book which is lost in unity and auther give very good introduction to this..