- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Juggernaut (26 May 2017)
- Language: English, Hindi
- ISBN-10: 9386228262
- ISBN-13: 978-9386228260
- Package Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.8 x 2.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 43 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,581 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Operation Jinnah Paperback – 26 May 2017
Paperback, 26 May 2017
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Shiv Aroor is an editor and anchor at India Today TV and runs the popular defence news site Livefist. A journalist for fifteen years, he has covered conflict in Kashmir, Sri Lanka and Libya, winning two war reporting awards. This is his first novel.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Depth of characters could have been better. Build up of situations and background could have been more wholistic. Major portions are in the realm of pure fantasy. I expected a more grounded, realistic depiction of special ops, given the author's access and familiarity with defence circles. Interactions in the political circles and between the Pakistanis are portrayed in a stereotypical , filmy manner which borders on the juvenile.
Would love to read more from Shiv Aroor though. His grasp of military hardware and technology is top notch.
1. Mr. Aroor has a great knack of defense jagron and workings, as this book rightly displays. However, in the process of exhibiting knowledge, he fails to carry an ordinary reader along who struggles to keep up with the book's acutely fast pace, twists and turns after every 3 pages and miles away from the ground reality. I am yet to fathom that there can be such a tolerant PM who'll trust his Navy chief even after botches of the highest order. Just weird.
2. The characters lack depth, as someone rightly mentioned here too. It's all too much of a haphazard and unrealistic, which would make you wonder whether the ghost writer of this book was Rohit Shetty. A pertinent issue with a hostile nation and the NSA, DIB, Secy. (Research) and Army Chiefs are not even in the frame!
3. The plot is good. It's refreshing. The author could have done a way, way better job at arranging the plot the right way but I will cut him some slack, given it's his first book.
4. The diagrams! Thank heavens! They were a welcome change and did tone down the annoyance of my non-defense forces-following friend as well. Credit where it's due, the diagrams added more sense to the plot. They involved the reader well enough.
I am neither too satisfied or dissatisfied by this book. I feel inclined to be liberal, and I don't know why would I be so, but I'd be more of dissatisfied had I not followed Mr. Aroor's work closely and give him my respect for being one of the rare breed of journalists who actually have interest, responsibility and factual knowledge of our nation's armed forces. Hoping for a better second book from Mr. Aroor.
A one time read, nothing more.
I have earlier seen shiv aroor but this book coming from him is just unexpected..great narration skill
Just wish that it had been a reality....it's stellar griping ☺☺
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews