auto-hp family

on 5 January 2018
It was my best phone till today, it was tough, it was smart, it was cool, it was everything, it was my life and one day someone jinxed my phone and the screen broke after the phone fell from 2nd floor. No oneight be seeing this review because this phone has already been outdated, but if you're still reading this time traveller please come back to the current year (2018 or further) and get yourself the latest phones in the market.
15 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2015
Superb phone. Its really good build quality. Flagship killer in practical sense. CyanogenMod is so much better than Stock Android. Might not seem much different initially but as you continue to use it, you get to know some small additional conveniences.
Packaging is superb. Screen is above excellent. And even on auto brightness, battery losts quite well. Sandstone black back cover is a delight.
Do not forget to buy the tempered glass film.
Must have.
9 people found this helpful
on 2 December 2014
Yes I am Impressed !!!!!!!!!. So far so good, after 20 days of use.
Firstly I don't buy gadgets every year or every new model comes in.
I am switching from my 4 year old HTC Desire classic.(Bought @ 24K End of 2010).
The One+ One is a great device for its very higher hardware specs, super slim and
light weight design, great 1080p screen as well as the back cover and the overall premium build quality.
You feel you are holding a top of the end handset with the One+ only @ 22K.
Cyanogen ROM 11 is installed and it works as expected though there are some glitches here and there. No other ROM allow you to customise your device this much. Camera is not exceptional and little bit slower, yet not bad. Still photography is okay and Video shoot needs to improve. 4K is a jock, only 12fps. Who needs 4K on mobile?. So leave it. I think the hardware is there, but the software needs to get camera up to there. Call quality is good, speakers and volume is also good. WiFi is working well and fast enough. Haven't tested any 3g or 2g mobile data network. I am a mild user and I get 2 days in one charge. Overall good device and good experience. No heat up problem, no hanging, no reboot, no call drop.
Now the down side. The infamous yellow tint. Yes, it is there. Difficult to trace unless you are aware of such an issue. Many of my colleagues handled it many times. No one noticed such a thing. Now after 20 days of use even I don't know or don't care about it. Charging is little bit slower with the One+ charger and also on USB port. It takes about 6 hours to charge from 30% to 100%, so about 12% per hour. On the software side, I still wish if I could flash the HTC sense ROM on this One+!!!, the HTC Dialer app, Keyboard, Call History, Phone book and many more, a different experience. But for now I only paid 22K, and I am happy with my One+. In fact I was waiting for a price drop of the HTC One M8 to come around 30K, but then came One+ announced @ Amazon and tried my best to get invited. After waiting for 2 weeks as a last effort I create a new ID and subscribed again. Surprisingly I got invited in my new ID on the 3rd day. Got my One+. Good deal. You get more than what you pay for. Amazon and Cloudtail rocks. Excellent Service.

Rajiv
2 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2015
It's been over 2 months now and the phone has not disappointed at all. The battery life is brilliant and easily lasts me over a day on more than moderate use. The screen is brilliant and I actually use a screen filter most of the times. There is no problem with the sound as read in some other reviews, either they've fixed it or the reviews were wrong. The volume on the ringer is loud and clear. The phone is fast, very fast and I would think 64 GB is more than enough for my usage.
It paired with my SBH 52 easily and there seems to be no problem with either the bluetooth and NFC
The camera is good actually both cameras are good. Selfies in the night too came out good. My wife has a nexus and this camera easily beats it!

Overall an excellent phone for the price. Easily competes with other high end phones without the extra spend.
One person found this helpful
on 3 January 2017
An amazing phone with an excellent developer support from sites like XDA. Did not have any issues with it like yellow tint on display as mentioned by some people. The sandstone finish on the back of the phone is praised by everyone who holds it in their hand. It provides a great grip to hold the phone without slipping from the hands. The display, battery life, camera, performance etc are amazing and are all equal to or better than the phones in its range. The major selling point of the phone is the available kernel sources etc and thus the developer support. I am using an Android 7.1.1 ROM on this phone while other phones that are similar to this in specs are still stuck with 6.0 or 5.0 and I'm sure that I can install and use the latest version of Android on it for another 2 or 3 years. I bought this phone 2 years ago and it is still flawless and works just like the day I bought it without any problems or hiccups.
on 18 August 2015
Its just a great phone ... ordered on 15-Aug-15, was delivered on 16-Aug-15, opted for 1 day delivery ..

Using it for the past 2 days ...
following are my take on OPO
1. The Look and Feel of the phone the just awesome...
2. The packaging of the Phone is just cool.
3. In built 64 GB, you get 55 GB as Free space .. for me it is more that enough
4. Battery Backup its good, I am getting backup more than a day
5. Camera quality is good. There are different modes you can select from.
6. Sound quality is good.

What I got in box
1. OPO Phone
2. Charger
3. USB Charging Cable
4. One Extra Sim slot for Micro SD Sim
5. A pin for removing the SIM tray.

The Phone was running on Andriod 4.4.4 and Cynogen 11.
I have updated to the latest Cynogen 12 and Andriod lolipop 5.0.2
It took around 20 to 30 minutes to Update.

No issues faced till date on the Phone .. running smoothly...

2 People to Thank
1. OPO team for designing such a Great product !!!
2. Amazon for Quick Delivery of the Product.!!!

I will strongly recommend this phone if you are looking at a price range between 20 - 25.
This is just One of THE Best phones ...
One person found this helpful
on 13 July 2016
Its the best phone and still in competition with the specs it has.its been more then 1.5year I have been using it,no.lag no hang at all .battery backup is also great.lasts me at least one day.Charging is also fast,full charge in max 1.15/1.5hours.Though obv with time new phones with better specs keep coming BT I believe its sufficient for average use.55gb space it give since 9gb is used by OS,out of 55gb I have used 40gb,still the phone is running buttery smooth.Only one thing for the company I wudnt like to mention is to decrease the price by 1/2k to boost up its sales.People liking for it just go for it fun give a second thought.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 June 2017
Best Android phone, no BS just pure performance even after several years of use
4 people found this helpful
on 9 February 2015
I moved from HTC One to OnePlus One, and let me tell you I couldn't have been happier. HTC One is a beast of a device, and OnePlus One ups it by bringing in affordability in the picture.
1) For starters, OnePlus One lasts 1.5 days on a single charge, with approx. 2-3 hours of gaming, and numerous texts, about half an hour to 45mins or so of voice calls, and lots of chats.
2) The finish and build quality rivals flagship from brands like HTC and Sony.
3) Decent camera and actually appears better than HTC One.
4) Sandstone back cover gives amazing grip, especially after handling the soap bar HTC One (I never put a case or a over on my phone).
5) More than ample storage with 64GB, and that too a fast nand (eMMC 5.0).
6) The phone runs super cool temperature wise even when playing games like Asphalt 8 (HTC One ran hot)
7) Cynogen OS (CM) gives tons of customization options - I had it on my Galaxy which I was using before HTC One, and had been in love with CM since then. HTC's Sense 6.0 is amazing but CM is equally, if not more, awesome.
8) I compared OnePlus One and HTC One side by side and apart from a slightly punchier screen of HTC One, OnePlus One is on par or better than the One on all of the above.

My advise, if you are in market for a phone, and have a budget of 22k, don't look beyond OnePlus One (why spend extra 20-25k on flagships of other brands!).

PS: For naysayers on CM OTAs not coming to OnePlus One in India, you can simply sideload the OTAs.
on 31 December 2014
UPDATE first: Ordered another Oneplus One on 10th Feb 2015 when its being offered sans invite on Amazon as a part of their celebration of 10th week success story in India since launch. Previous one is being used by my son; this one is for me.
Phheeww! Ultimately got the invite - and purchased (ordered) immediately on 5th Jan, '15. There are widespread praising reviews available on this device in the internet (you tube). This has valid reasons. Its a marvellous piece indeed: especially considering its performance to price ratio. Just google its various (Antutu etc) performance (You Tube) videos. It beats those devices double/or triple its price, hands down. OnePlus One has Awesome Built quality- looks premium in hand. Hardware is top-notch. If you get an invite, its no brainier- purchase it immediately guys. Wish you good luck for the invite! ENJOY your OnePlus One!!

Pros: Cost, Excellent build quality, Cost, hardware, Cost, performance, Cost, Cynogen (software) and Cost. I have mentioned cost so many times because: This is an awesome phone with its specification at the offer price. Basically, it has same hardware of phones which come @40-50K price tag.

Cons: Cynogen mod is awesome with lots of customization options. With no further update prospect for India, performance of forthcoming 'Oxygen' (with Android Lolly Pop) is yet to be seen (finger crossed). I like MiUi software on my RedMi Note 4G (recently purchased also from Flipkart) better (PERSONAL OPINION). Night photos from rear camera are not good. My old N8 camera (12MP) performs better. Missing FM radio. Charging cable could have been a bit longer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------