- Paperback: 252 pages
- Publisher: Juggernaut (12 July 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788193237267
- ISBN-13: 978-8193237267
- ASIN: 8193237269
- Package Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.6 x 1.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,06,604 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Once Upon A Time In India: The Marvellous Adventures Of Captain Corcoran Paperback – 12 Jul 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Sam Miller was born and brought up in London, but has spent much of his adult life in India. He is a former BBC journalist and author of Delhi: Adventures in a Megacity and A Strange Kind of Paradise: India Through Foreign Eyes.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What I liked the most is the attractive cover of the book, the image of Captain Corcoran is like a machismo having a curved mustache and old fashioned gun in his hand, with beautiful Indian princess along with tigress Louison. While reading the introduction I came to know that this book was very popular in French at the time of 1857 and then translated into different languages, but it was later translated in English (I think its because of author Alfred Assolant portraying Captain Corcoran as hero who was capable of defeating East India Company along with tigress Louison in India). Also I liked the translator Sam Miller's notes and what mistakes done by the author at last pages of the book and notes for the research he has done for this book.
This novel is a good resource for those who want to know about India at the time of 1857, when British just started to rule. While reading the novel you will know the relationship between France and Britain, also story is weaved in such a way that you will get ample of information on important moments of Indian history.
I am not going to spoil the entire story by giving the plot, but if you read you will get humour, adventure, action, romance, an intelligent tigress etc. An interesting plot which keeps you hooked up till the last page, it's truly a page turner novel. The book has every ingredient to be a best seller.
I received a free paperback copy from the publisher Juggernaut Books in return of honest review.