- 5% Instant Discount with HDFC Credit and Debit EMI Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.50 using BHIM UPI or Rupay ATM cards, debit cards or credit cards. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs.100 on your first ever online payment on Amazon.in. Applicable only on ATM card, debit card or credit card orders. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 50.00 Delivery charge
+ 76.00 Delivery charge
Omron MC 246 Digital Thermometer With Quick Measurement of Oral & Underarm Temperature in Celsius & Fahrenheit, Water Resistant for Easy Cleaning
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- 3-digit, + degree celcius (degree fahrenheit) display in 0.1 degree increment, beeps when measurement is completed
- Measurement Accuracy : ±0.1 degree celcius (32.0 to 42.0 degree celcius)
- ±0.2 degree fahrenheit (89.6 to 107.6 degree fahrenheit)
- Memory recalls last reading.Kindly press power button for seven seconds untill a beep is emitted.The display will change to other measurement
- Auto off function : Approximately 30 minutes after use or 3 minutes when not been used
- 1 year brand warranty from date of purchase
|Note: The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer.|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Return Policy on this item
All medical appliances follow a replacement only policy, with a 10-day replacement window. Visit www.amazon.in/returnspolicy for more information
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 1800-4190-492 (Toll Free)
Timings: Monday to Friday: 09:00 am to 05:30 pm (Except Holidays)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement 3-digit, + degree celcius (degree fahrenheit) display in 0.1 degree increment, beeps when measurement is completed Measurement Accuracy : ±0.1 degree celcius (32.0 to 42.0 degree celcius); ±0.2 degree fahrenheit (89.6 to 107.6 degree fahrenheit) Memory recalls last reading Auto off function : Approximately 30 minutes after use or 3 minutes when not been used
From the Manufacturer
For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- Calibration: Starts with the display showing "L" in Celsius or Fahrenheit on the item.
- Actual measurement, display in 0.1 degree increment
- Professional accuracy
- With Buzzer
- Water resistant
- Digital, no fear of mercury poisoning
Omron digital thermometer offers a safe, accurate and quick temperature reading. It eliminates any worries about broken glass or mercury hazards.
For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- Fast actual measurement - 80 sec. for oral, 60 sec. for rectal and 120 sec. for underarm temperature measurement
- Accurate measurement - measures actual temperature in degC and degF
- Water resistant for easy cleaning
- Memory - recalls last reading
- Battery can be replaced
- Buzzer - beeps when measurement is completed
|Power Supply||1.5V DC, 1 LR41 Alkaline-Magnesium button battery|
|Battery life||Approx. 2 years or more (3 times/day)|
|Measurement method||Actual measurement|
|Temperature display||3-digit, +deg C (deg F) display in 0.1 degree increment|
|Measurement Accuracy||plus/minus 0.1deg C (32 to 42 deg C); +-0.2 degF (89.6 to 107.6 degF)|
when measured at a standard room temperature of 23 degC (73.4 degF) in a test tank held at constant temperature
|Measurement range||32 to 42 degC (89.6 to 107.6 degF)|
|Weight||12g (with battery)|
|External Dimensions||19.4 (W) x 132.5 (L) x 10 (D) mm|
|Beeper function||1 beep when power on 3 beeps after measurement completed|
|Memory function||Recalls previous reading|
|Auto off function||Approx. 30 minutes after use or 3 minutes when not been used|
|Low battery indication||Battery symbol displayed|
|Accessories||Protective case, test battery, 5 probe covers, instruction sheet|
Health InformationListen to your body. Take control of your health and live a fuller life
Omron wants everyone to live a normal, healthy and well-balanced life. The key is health management. We all need to take responsibility for our own health.
Knowledge that empowersOMRON is renowned for designing advanced monitors for use by medical professionals in clinics and hospitals. But we believe prevention is more effective than any treatment. Information about your health shouldn't just be available to your doctor. We want to empower people to know and understand their bodies so they can control illnesses or avoid them altogether. That's why we offer healthcare products that enable anyone to monitor their health in their own home, so they stay healthy and stay out of hospital. When your body talks, we can help you listen.
What You Need To Know About Fevers
Fever defined and the causes:A fever is when the body's temperature is higher than normal due to an infection. The fever is usually caused by a virus or bacteria. It is a way in which the body fights infection. A fever is not dangerous, and does not always mean that a person has a serious illness.
TreatmentThe prevailing idea seems to be that high fevers cause brain damage. This is essentially untrue. The truth is that the brain is able to act like a thermostat and keep the temperature from going beyond a safe range; i.e. about 106.2 degrees. The only exceptions are devastating infections of the brain itself, as in bacterial meningitis, most of which are now prevented by immunization. Use a thermometer as a guide for temperature measurement. Usually, the infection is caused by a virus, and antibiotics do not help viral infections. If the infection is bacterial it can be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. While waiting for the medication to take effect, the temperature can be brought down by warm water baths; cold water or ice water is not recommended as they can cause the blood vessels in the skin to constrict, and decrease the body's ability to get rid of extra heat. Also, cold or chilly water will cause a child to shiver, which will increase the body's internal heat.
Additionally, you should do the following to provide extra comfort:
- Drink plenty of clear fluid.
- Dress as lightly as possible
- Keep the child cool.
- Never use alcohol
Additional helpful hints:
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) is gradually replacing acetaminophen(Tylenol) as the medication of choice because it lasts longer and is anti-inflammatory as well.
- Aspirin is NOT recommended for children under 18 years of age due to the risk of Reyes syndrome, a liver disorder associated with the use of aspirin and certain viral infections
- When in doubt, call your pediatrician or doctor.
From the manufacturer
How to Take Measurements:
Normal body temperature is in the range of 36.5–37.5 °C on the average, although it varies somewhat among individuals (gender, age).
Normal temperature varies with the individual and also changes depending on the time through the day.
Yes! The most accurate optimal values derive from rectal measurement: 37.0-37.5 °C.
It is a medical sign characterized by an increased body temperature above the normal range. Fever is not considered medically significant until body temperature is above 38°C.
It can be caused by a number of reasons: in most cases by infectious diseases (such as flu and pneumonia).
Fever is not by itself an illness but a defense mechanism.
However, if it rises above 39.4 °C, some actions have to be taken to reduce it. It meant that the body is no longer able to control its inner temperature.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 2,396 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I need to have thermometer regularly at my home because of a condition that requires me to check my body temperature almost everyday.
It was a little hard to adjust the temperature settings from C to F, Infact, I had to watch a YouTube video to do it but now it’s fine. Awesome product!
Hope this one works too for a year or more without battery replacement.
##. Never expected from Omron like a company
##. The mini-Screw for the Battery cover also is missing
##. Seriously doubt, whether it is a returned item (hence, I am also going for a replacement)
##. Could not test it! Sorry
1. Turn off the thermometer.
2. Remove cell from the back, wait for 1 minutes.
3. Put the battery back into the thermometer.
4. Turn on the thermometer, keep the power button pressed for 7 seconds, scale should now be able to switch from C to F.
As for the thermometer, measurements are quite accurate and build quality is good.
We mostly use it to take temperature from mouth or armpit.
The package comes with a detailed manual.
It is very easy to use.
It has an option to change the temperature unit to either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
It can also store the last reading to its memory(i.e. when you switch on, it will show up the temperature when you use it the last time)
It also has auto off feature to save battery.
The battery is also replaceable and seemingly easy to replace once it expired.