- Item Weight: 640 g
- Item model number: HEM-7201
- ASIN: B007IS7UFK
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 8 September 2013
- Average Customer Review: 255 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #14,227 in Health & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health & Personal Care)
Omron HEM-7201 Blood Pressure Monitor
This item is currently not in stock.
- Detects movement during measurement
- Accuracy pressure : ± 3mmHg, Pulse : ± 5 percent of reading
- 60 memory storage per user
- Medium Cuff: fits arm circumference 22-32 centimeter
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase
- Option of using electricity as an alternate power source (Adaptor to be bought separately)
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Description for Omron HEM-7201 Blood Pressure Monitor
The Omron Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7201 is ideal for those who would like to supervise and regulate their blood pressure levels regularly without making frequent visits to doctors. This Omron BP monitor helps to measure systolic and diastolic pressure of the blood with precision. It produces a fast and reliable reading with an Accuracy pressure of ± 3mmHg and Pulse reading of ± 5 percent of reading. This health device also detects body movement while measuring, so any irregular heartbeats are immediately perceived, which can be appropriately followed up with further medical consultation. The inbuilt IntelliSense technology is useful for hypertensive users with heart disorders. The automation in this Omron BP monitor helps in detecting any fluctuations in blood pressure. The deflation release valve works quickly for reducing discomfort and pain. This blood pressure device has a memory for saving up to 30 sets of readings which is saved for future reference along with date and time. This digital BP monitor features Advanced Averaging technology, which averages the last 3 readings taken in last 10 minutes to display a more accurate and speedy reading of the user’s BP level. It is programmed with the standard range – 135mmHg and 85mmHg.
It is simple to carry out blood pressure monitoring at home with this arm BP monitor. It can be worn comfortably around the arm for measurement. This arm BP monitor has a clear digital LCD that displays clear readings along with large, user-friendly buttons for simple operation. It provides reliable and accurate blood pressure measurement at the touch of a button. The reading time reaches approximately 45 seconds. So, take charge of your fitness goals with this health device. Buy the Omron Arm Blood Pressure Monitor – HEM-7201 at Amazon online store today!
From the Manufacturer
Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor
Easy reading, family use, high performance
- Backlight - for easy reading of results
- 2 user's memory for family use
- Detects irregular heartbeat
- Blood pressure level indicator
- Detects movement during measurement
- Average for last 3 readings taken within 10 minutes
- 60 memory storage per user
Automatic blood pressure monitor provides easy and comfortable upper arm blood pressure measurement.
Blood pressure level indicator
Recent research suggests that the following values can be used as guide to high blood pressure for measurements taken at home.
|Systolic Blood Pressure||Above 135mmHg|
|Diastolic Blood Pressure||Above 85mmHg|
Irregular Heartbeat IndicatorYour blood pressure monitor includes an irregular heartbeat indicator. Irregular heartbeats can influence the results of the measurements. The irregular heartbeat algorithm automatically determines if the measurement is usable or needs to be repeated. If the measurement results are affected by irregular heartbeats but the results is valid, the result is shown together with the symbol. If the irregular heartbeat symbol is shown frequently, please let your doctor be aware of the condition.
What is normal blood pressure? When is it above normal?
Readings in the range of 120-129 systolic and 80-84 diastolic are considered as 'normal'. Readings above 140/90 are considered high.
Check your blood pressure and know your status according to the following WHO classification
|Blood Pressure Classification||Systolic mmHg||Diastolic mmHg|
|Optimal||Less than 120||Less than 80|
|Grade 1 hypertension (mild)||140-159||90-99|
|Grade 2 hypertension (moderate)||160-179||100-109|
|Grade 3 hypertension (severe)||more than 180||more than 110|
Do you know there are two types of hypertension?
- Primary: The more common condition caused by lifestyle and hereditary factors
- Secondary: Caused by abnormalities in an internal organ or system
|Accuracy||Pressure: +-3mmHg, Pulse rate: +-5% of reading|
|Power supply||Batteries 1.5V|
|Battery Life||Approx. 300 measurements with new alkaline batteries|
|Storage Temperature / Humidity||20deg C to 60deg C, 10% to 95% RH|
|Cuff size||Approx. 146mm x 446mm (Medium Cuff: fits arm circumference 22-32cm)|
|Contents||Unit, M size cuff, storage case, instruction manual and 4 AA batteries|
How to use BPM
Health InformationListen to your body. Take control of your health and live a fuller life
OMRON wants everyone to live a normal, healthy and well-balanced life. The key is health management. We all need to take responsibility for our own health.
Why is it a good thing to measure blood pressure at homeHaving your Blood pressure measured by a doctor can cause anxiety which is itself a cause of high blood pressure. As a variety of conditions affect blood pressure, a single measurement may not be sufficient for an accurate diagnosis.
Many factors such as physical activity, anxiety or the time of a day, can influence your blood pressure. Thus it is best to try and measure your blood pressure at the same time each day, to get an accurate indication of any changes in blood pressure. Blood pressure is typically low in the morning and increases from afternoon to evening. It is lower in the summer and higher in the winter.
Knowledge that empowersOMRON is renowned for designing advanced monitors for use by medical professionals in clinics and hospitals. But we believe prevention is more effective than any treatment. Information about your health shouldn't just be available to your doctor. We want to empower people to know and understand their bodies so they can control illnesses or avoid them altogether. That's why we offer healthcare products that enable anyone to monitor their health in their own home, so they stay healthy and stay out of hospital. When your body talks, we can help you listen.
Dietary Keys To Reducing High Blood PressureFruits and Juices Increase consumption of juices, fruits (especially bananas) and whole grain based cereals to counteract high levels of potassium found in other foods and in your body.
Monounsaturated Fats Increase consumption of products with monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, in your diet can greatly diminish your risk of high blood pressure and may even eliminate the need to take medication to control the situation.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Increase consumption of omega-3 fatty acids that are commonly found in cold-water fish. These acids are proven to reduce high-blood pressure as well as lower your cholesterol.
Whole Oats Increase consumption of whole oats help to help control your high blood pressure. Additionally, they also have positive affects on cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Vitamin C Increase consumption of products containing Vitamin C to battle high blood pressure. This may mean a daily vitamin supplement or be part of an increased consumption of fruits, such as oranges.
Professional office BP guidelines based on classification by the WHOThe World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Society of Hypertension (ISH) developed the Blood Pressure Classification shown in this figure. This classification is based on the blood pressure values measured on people in a sitting position in outpatient departments of hospitals.
Helpful Blood Pressure Reminders
- Have your blood pressure checked by your doctor.
- If you have high blood pressure, follow your doctor's advice about changing your diet and lifestyle habits.
- If your doctor has prescribed medication for your high blood pressure, it is very important to take it regularly. If you have any new symptoms, call your doctor.
- Measure and record your blood pressure at home regularly. This information may be valuable to your doctor in evaluating your condition.
- Cooperate. You and your doctor must work together in order to keep your blood pressure and your diabetes under control.
Understanding Why High Blood Pressure Is A ProblemGenerally, normotension (normal blood pressure) is defined as less than 130mmHg for systolic value (SBP) and less than 85mmHg for diastolic value (DBP). The higher the blood pressure, the more load on the blood vessels, and this can damage the vessels. In the worst case, blood vessel walls can develop holes causing internal bleeding. When this happens in the brain, it is called a stroke. In addition, high blood pressure increases the myocardial workload so that the heart must work harder to maintain adequate blood flow to the body. This causes ischemic heart disease (IHD) such as a heart attack (myocardial infarction) and angina. People with hypertension have the increased risk of suffering from of having a stroke. Conversely, It is also known that those with normal blood pressure have a lesser risk of ischemic heart disease (myocardial infarction and angina) and stroke. Thus, it can be concluded that keeping blood pressure within a normal range to prevent these occurrences is of the utmost importance.
Importance of Home BP MonitoringDoctors, diabetes educators, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare professionals recommend home blood pressure monitoring for various reasons, including the ability to provide them with better information to understand and manage your high blood pressure.
Many types of hypertension can only be detected by monitoring your blood pressure at home, including:
- White-coat Hypertension: blood pressure reading is high in doctor's office but lower at home
- Masked Hypertension: blood pressure reading is low in doctor's office but higher at home
- Morning Hypertension: blood pressure reading is higher in the morning
Additionally, many factors can affect your blood pressure, including physical exertion, emotional fluctuations, medications and stress, so having your blood pressure monitored at a Pharmacy with an in-store device after you have been shopping or walking around might not provide you with the most accurate measurement.
Monitoring your blood pressure at home allows you to more easily get to a relaxed state and the flexibility to take your measurements at various times during the day. By keeping track of your home blood pressure readings, you can provide your healthcare professional with a log of blood pressure measurements over time, which can help them evaluate the effectiveness or need for medication.
Top customer reviews
When somebody asks me about my suggestion for buying a BP monitor, this is the model I recommend for the following reasons:
(1) Clinically validated for accuracy – big plus
(2) Memory for 60 readings per user for 2 users
(3) Automatic averaging feature for 3 readings taken within 10 minutes
(4) Backlight – very useful for people with vision problems
When it comes to accuracy, I have not seen BP monitors from other manufacturers that are even close to Omron. People complaining about accuracy or consistency should read my tips below for understanding the proper way to take a BP measurement. Another thing that stands out with the Omron BP monitors is the battery life, which lasts for more than a year even with daily use.
A useful thing to point out is that Omron's regular cuff size has tolerance for about ± 3cm. This is important specially if you are looking for a large cuff size as those are not only extremely hard to find, but are expensive as well. For obese people who absolutely need the large cuff size, the only option that I have had experience with is Omron HEM-7132. Although that model sells for almost the same price, it lacks many features that are available in Omron HEM-7201.
Things to keep in mind when taking a blood pressure measurement:
(1) Best time to take a BP measurement, especially for tracking, is immediately after you wake up. Also see tip #7. This would be your resting heart rate (RHR) reading which should remain pretty consistent. More random measurements could be taken during the day for additional data points.
(2) Do not take a measurement immediately after walking from somewhere. For accurate and consistent measurements, you should be seated in the same position for 15 minutes before putting the cuff on and taking the measurement.
(3) Strictly no movement or talking while the BP machine is in operation. The only slight movement should be from your normal breathing. Stay relaxed and breathe normally.
(4) Sit on a chair placed in front of a table that allows you to rest your forearm parallel to the floor -- at the level of your heart. Also, do not sit cross-legged. Your legs should be bent from your knees so that they are almost perpendicular to the floor; you could keep them slightly out in front of you. In short, sit in a relaxed, upright position.
(5) Put the cuff on immediately before taking a measurement. Do not leave the cuff tightened around your arm for a long time if you are taking multiple measurements and then averaging them out. If you want to take multiple measurements for getting average then loosen/remove the cuff and wait 5 minutes in-between the readings.
(6) Do not measure your BP for 60-90 minutes after having food or taking a bath/shower. The BP is elevated during and for at least an hour after these activities. Similarly, do not measure your BP after any sort of physical exercise or emotional stress unless you are specifically tracking the BP for those situations.
(7) Do not measure your BP if you feel the need to urinate or empty your bowels. Go use the toilet and then follow tip #2.
(8) Last but not least, try to take the BP measurements sitting in the same posture at the same time or after the same activities every day. This will give you consistent measurements and should help you catch any changes in your BP more accurately. This is very important for titration, i.e., adjusting the dosage of your BP medicine(s).
If you found this information helpful, please hit “yes” below to encourage me to write more reviews :)
Amazon service and timely deliveries continue to be a "Wow factor" for me.
features are useful for beginners.
LED backlight & additional power socket are very useful.
reading are still lower than mercury BP apparatus.But close to other electronic BP instrument.
BEGINNERS MUST BUY THIS PRODUCT .AS IT SHOWS CUFF TIES PROPERLY OR NOT / BODY MOVEMENT which cause wrong readings./IRREGULAR HEART BEAT DETECTION .
PLS DONT BUY A BP INSTRUMENT WHICH DOSE NOT HAVE THIS FEATURES.IT REALLY HELPFUL FOR BEGINNERS.
This review is based on cross checking with mercury bp instrument and rossmax bp instrument(old one.)
Most recent customer reviews
Fit s nicely anywhere
There is one push button for start and stop and it is kind of delicate