Olympus VG-190 16MP Point and Shoot Camera (Black) with 5x Optical Zoom, Memory Card and Camera Case
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ideal for group photo shooting, big flash and long flash mode
- Clear pictures even under low light
- High image quality for both still photos and movies
- Make photography more fun
- Express yourself creatively with magic filters for both photos and movies
- Included components: Digital camera, Strap, Lithium Ion Battery (LI-50B), USB-AC adapter (F-2AC), USB cable (CB-USB7), OLYMPUS Setup CD-ROM
- Ideal for group photo shooting, big flash and long flash mode
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Description for Olympus VG-190 16MP Point and Shoot Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom
Equipped with optical 5X/Super-resolution 10X zoom and the top-of-its-class big flash with long lash mode, the VG-190 is ideal for group photos.
From the Manufacturer
Clear pictures even under low lightBoasting the highest light intensity in its class, the Big Flash features a Long Flash mode for extended flash range. A DIS mechanism is incorporated to stabilize images, compensating for camera shake and subject movement to ensure clear pictures even in dark areas.Typically, the guide numbers for conventional digital camera flashes are 4 to 5.6; however, the VG-190's high-intensity flash can be set as high as 9 (at ISO 100).
High Image Quality for Both Still Photos and MoviesThe VG-190 boasts outstanding basic performance including high-definition 16MP still photos and movies, optical 5X/Super-resolution 10X zoom capable of shooting clear close-up images of distant subjects, and a 26mm wide angle (35mm camera equivalent) lens for capturing images of wide areas.
Make photography more funSome of the features that will make your photography even more fun include the iAuto mode that automatically detects what kind of scene you're looking at and automatically adjusts the camera to optimize the image, Magic Filters that let you embellish your pictures with cool effects, and the Beauty Make-up mode that lets you shoot portraits that are more beautiful and attractive.
Express yourself creatively with Magic Filters for both photos and movies.Exploiting the full potential of digital camera technology, this camera incorporates a selection of versatile filters that will add unique expressions to your photographs. Select a filter that matches the scene you're shooting and the image you see in your head to take pictures that will take your breath away every time.
Beauty Mode (Make-up)Improve the look of your subject's face either before or after shooting. The Beauty Make-up function can be fun for everyone around. With an easy-to-use palette-type UI, this function not only makes skin look more beautiful, but also features Olympus-original effects for enhancing the attractiveness of the eyes by means of "eye color", "eyelashes", etc.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
* 16 Megapixel camera
* Shoots photos and videos
* You can shoot 720P video
* Simple one button access to take a video.
* Able to zoom in on a subject in a video
* Takes fast and easy photos
* 5 times optical zoom and 10 times Super resolution zoom and 20 times digital/optical zoom when combined
* Small and light weight construction but solidly built
* Image stabilization built in to eliminate hand and body motions and allow you to take better photos and videos
* Nice 3 inch LCD color display with great resolution and clarity 460,800pixels
* Good sound on the movies and very good resolution and video quality
* Smart Auto AI that selects one of 16 preset shooting settings to take the right photos based on the conditions the camera sees.
* Very nice AC wall battery charger that operates on 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz for international use and it is UL approved. Don't forget to take your wall plug adapters.
* It has a very bright flash and it can be twice as bright as similarly lower priced cameras.
Some weaknesses are:
* No optical view finder and you have to use the LCD display in all viewing conditions.
* I would have preferred a rocker switch for the zoom control
* you will have to buy a camera case
* You will have to buy a memory SD card to use and neither the manual nor the Olympus web site provides any details on what speed of memory to get. I recommend a class 6 to a class 10 card with 32 GIG capacity.
What's in the box?
* CD disk with software and the complete instruction manual
* Quick startup guide
* Power cable to charge the camera
* The internal lithium battery ratted at 1320 mAh capacity
* A lanyard
* An AC wall Adapter
* The camera
* The warranty card
What I liked was the ease of use without having to do a dozen settings to get a reasonable photo. If you want to take good photos and not have to learn to be a camera expert this is a good camera for you. The autofocus is easy to use and it is ready quickly to take some great photos.
I loved that it came with a lanyard as with my huge hands I was afraid that I would drop it all the time.
This is good solid camera. I rate it as a 5 star item.
I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
As to the camera itself I wanted something simple that could be used by a novice without getting frustrated. I also had a preference for something with a rechargeable battery instead of using disposables. From the beginning I was happy that it is not a little tiny camera that can fit in the palm of my hand but neither is it a big heavy camera. It has weight but it is still easy to hold and use with my monster hands. The main things I liked best is the big view screen, even in direct sunlight it is very visible so that is a big plus. The second is the incredibly powerful flash. This thing lights up a huge area, fires fast, and doesn't seem to leave any over bright spots in the images. I hoped for simple and the menu is just that, super simple. I usually leave the flash on auto, the image stabilization on and just go snap happy without a care. Can not attest to the video quality as I haven't used it but that was not my main purpose for the camera.
Few things of note. I found the best pictures were in shade or low light. Taking pictures in direct sunlight tends to leave the image looking washed out. Not really enough to be a big deal for nature pictures but I am concerned about pictures of people or things with bright colors in full sun. Indoors with the flash this isn't an issue and it generally isn't a huge deal for my purposes but it is something to note. See the images I posted. In shade or other low light settings I found the pictures to be amazingly crisp. I had the flash on and took a picture in shade and the same picture with the flash off and was amazed at the difference. For the price and for those who want just a simple point and shoot without a ton of confusing options I would recommend this in a second, as long as you understand my experiences with different digital cameras are very limited and I am a total novice.
Make sure to buy a SD card as this doesn't come with a card or a case. I am currently using a Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN) and a Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Case for Camera - Black and have no complaints with either of those.