- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; 4 edition (7 September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1259061094
- ISBN-13: 978-1259061097
- Product Dimensions: 54.9 x 7.9 x 70.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 186 customer reviews
The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test With CD-ROM, 4th Edition (Old Edition) Paperback – 7 Sep 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The one and only bestselling official guide to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), from the makers and graders of the test! Now expanded with a third actual TOEFL exam.
About the Book
This one and only Official Guide to the TOEFL Test is the best, most reliable guide to the "Next Generation" TOEFL that is currently used around the world to test foreign applicants to US and Canadian universities for English proficiency. It includes real TOEFL questions for practice, as well as explanations of every section of the test and information on what is expected of students for every speaking and writing task. Students learn how to construct a good answer and how to integrate speaking, listening, and writing skills to demonstrate college-level English proficiency. The accompanying CD-ROM provides 3 authentic TOEFL iBT practice tests just like the one students will encounter on test day.
Key Selling Features
- Proven bestseller: More than 270,000 copies sold worldwide plus an additional 280,000+ bilingual translations (since 12/05)
- Huge market: 750,000 test-takers worldwide
- Over 600 real TOEFL questions from the test-makers
- CD-ROM with 3 authentic TOEFL iBT practice tests
- NEW for this edition: Third complete actual TOEFL exam in the book and on CD
- CD now Mac- and PC-compatible
- Find out all about the new TOEFL Internet-based Test
- Get over 600 real TOEFL questions and essay topics
- Learn the test-maker's strategies for success
- Take 3 authentic TOEFL iBT tests
Market / Audience
The market for this book consists of students throughout the world whose first language is not English and who wish to study at an English-speaking U.S. or Canadian college or university. Virtually all institutions in the United States and Canada require TOEFL as part of the admissions process. The number of test-takers worldwide is approximately 750,000 per year.
About the Author
Educational Testing Service (ETS), based in Lawrenceville, NJ, is the creator and grader of the TOEFL. ETS is recognized worldwide as a leader in standardized testing. ETS also creates the SAT (under contract with the College Board), the GRE, the Praxis series of teacher licensing exams, and numerous other exams used by many different organizations throughout the United States and the world.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reading Comprehension questions
and on Speaking, Listening & Writing skills. I used to struggle a bit in the listening section; however the CD helped a lot.
If you go through this book diligently you can score 105+ in TOEFL for sure.
**** Watch out for timing management in listening section on the actual TOEFL ..