OCA, Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide, Exam 1Z0-808 is a comprehensive study guide for those taking the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I exam (1Z0-808). With complete coverage of 100% of the exam objectives, this book provides everything you need to know to confidently take the exam. The release of Java 8 brought the language's biggest changes to date, and for the first time, candidates are required to learn functional programming to pass the exam. This study guide has you covered, with thorough functional programming explanation and information on all key topic areas Java programmers need to know. You'll cover Java inside and out, and learn how to apply it efficiently and effectively to create solutions applicable to real-world scenarios.
- Work confidently with operators, conditionals, and loops
- Understand object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Master functional programming fundamentals
From the Back Cover
Covers 100% of exam objectives, including developing Java applications, becoming proficient in Java data types, mastering operators and decision control structures, understanding encapsulation, class inheritance, polymorphism, and much more...
Includes interactive online learning environment and study tools with:
+ 3 custom practice exams
+ More than 200 Electronic Flashcards
+ Searchable key term glossary
Your complete guide to helping you pass the OCA Exam 1Z0–808
The OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide is your one–stop resource for complete coverage of Exam 1Z0–808. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of all exam objectives. You ll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including, assessment tests that check exam readiness, objective map, real–world scenarios, hands–on exercises, key topic exam essentials and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex exclusive interactive online learning environment, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the OCA exam with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you ll be ready for:
- Developing Java applications
- Becoming proficient in Java data types
- Mastering operators and decision control structures
- Constructing primitive and dynamic arrays
- Directing flow with loop mechanisms
- Defining methods, abstract and concrete classes, and interfaces
- Understanding encapsulation, class inheritance, and polymorphism
- Throwing and catching Java exceptions
- Working with the new Java 8 Local Date and Time API
- Introducing the new Java 8 Lambda predicate expressions
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex s superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit http://www.sybex.com/go/ocajavase8, type in your unique PIN and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive online test bank with 3 practice exams, covering Exam 1Z0–808. Practice exams help you identify areas you need to study more. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you re ready to take the certification exam. 180 questions total!
- More than 200 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and last minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared