- Paperback: 512 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 10 edition (26 September 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118914937
- ISBN-13: 978-1118914939
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #6,42,089 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Nursing Diagnoses 2015–17: Definitions and Classification Paperback – 26 Sep 2014
Customers who bought this item also bought
Recommended. Lower– and upper–division undergraduates, two–year technical program students, graduate students, researchers/faculty, and professionals. (Choice, 1 March 2015)
From the Back Cover
Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA–I. The 2015 2017 edition of the classic and internationally recognised text has been rigorously updated and revised, and now provides more linguistically congruent diagnoses as a result of the Diagnostic Development Committee s attentiveness to understanding the translation of the diagnostic label, definition, defining characteristics, related factors, and risk factors. Each of the 235 diagnoses presented are supported by definitions as well as defining characteristics and related factors, or risk factors. Each new and revised diagnosis is based on the latest global evidence, and approved by expert nurse diagnosticians, researchers, and educators.
New to this edition:
- 26 brand new nursing diagnoses and 13 revised diagnoses
- Updates, changes, and revision to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, in particular the Health Promotion and Risk Diagnoses
- A standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, and risk factors) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians
- All introductory chapters are written at an undergraduate nursing level, and provide critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside
- A new chapter, focusing on Frequently Asked Questions, representing the most common questions received through the NANDA–I website, and at global conferences
- Five nursing diagnoses have been re–slotted within the NANDA–I taxonomy, following a review of the current taxonomic structure
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms is now available for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Companion website featuring references from the book, video presentations, teaching tips, and links to taxonomy history and diagnosis submission/review process description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This was a very useful resource for writing nursing care plans for my first semester of Fundamentals. However, now going into my second semester where we cover Psych and Med Surg, I have found that this NANDA book doesn't seem to be a complete and all inclusive reference for nursing diagnosis. I find myself having to turn to Google when writing care plans this semester.