- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: W&N (30 September 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 147460420X
- ISBN-13: 978-1474604208
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 1.8 x 15 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #68,491 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
No Room for Small Dreams: Courage, Imagination and the Making of Modern Israel Paperback – 30 Sep 2017
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
By his unyielding determination and principle, Shimon Peres time and again helped guide his beloved country through the crucible of mortal challenge. But it was by his innate humanity, his decency, that Shimon inspired the world over and helped pave a path to peace broad enough that future generations will walk it one day, side-by side
Shimon Peres started life as Israel's brightest student, became one of its best teachers, and ended up its biggest dreamer. In his final book, completed just weeks before his death, Peres reflects upon his seventy years in politics and the defining moments in Israel's history that laid the foundation for a future of peace and possibility. This book captures my friend's lifelong belief in our potential to rise above our wounds, our resentments and our fears to make the most of today and claim the promise of tomorrow
Shimon Peres was a giant of Israel's founding generation, a tireless advocate for peace, and an eternal optimist who lived his life with a sense of hope and possibility. He also became a treasured friend to me and source of wisdom for me. All of us have much to learn from his story, which now belongs to the ages
Israel has made a tremendous contribution to global technological innovation, and its moniker of 'start-up nation' is well earned. But the leadership lessons in this book show why Shimon Peres was, in so many endeavors, able to glimpse opportunity when others predicted failure. If you don't try, you don't know- that's the secret of innovation. Shimon Peres understood that
Shimon Peres, one of the great leaders of Israel for more than half a century, was an unusual statesman: a combination of a dreamer and a pragmatist, a thinker and a doer, a fearless campaigner for peace and compromise and a tireless builder of Israel's armed forces. He was also a unique storyteller. This book is a special treat for any reader who is excited by history, by politics, by Israel in the Middle East, by changing realities and by amazing dreams and visions
The true secret to success, no matter how difficult things seem, is to face challenges with gratitude and forgiveness. That's how President Shimon Peres became a transformational global leader. Reflecting on his life, he provides not only a gripping story but a hands-on guide to creative thinking and courageous decision making
Shimon Peres was a visionary optimist to his dying day, and his last words of hope were addressed to the young. For all our sakes, let them be heard!
A personal account of the shaping of modern Israel by Shimon Peres, former Prime Minister (1985-1986, 1995-1996) and President (2007-2014).See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• His strong belief and love of the State of Israel – This is the foundation and rock of his entire belief system and has driven him to all his achievements
• His amazing skill and ability to dream big and then work really hard to put those dreams into reality. Examples from his books abound:
o His drive to get weapons from Czechoslovakia when no other country would sell arms to Israel immediately after Independence and when threatened by hostile Arab neighbors. This in spite of him being very young at that time and him knowing nothing about the arms industry
o His vision and hard work to set up an Airline company in Israel amidst the growth pangs of newly independent nation when there was widespread opposition to such investments. This however in the long run played an important role in development of the Airforce in Israel which was so pivotal in defending Israel in subsequent wars
o Development of the nuclear reactor in the Negev desert which acted as a massive deterrent to Israel’s enemies
o His strong belief and push for the Hostage rescue plan as part of “Operation Yonathan” – The rescue at Entebbe and many more
The other thing that stood out was his ability to work very hard in the realization of his dreams. He gives an example wherein just after concluding a peace deal with Palestinians in USA and returning to Israel at 4AM – He asks his team to assemble at 7AM to start working on a peace deal with the Jordanians.
All in all this is a good and very inspiring read which highlights the story of Israel and the story of an extra ordinary man.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?