Netgear Nighthawk X6S R8000P AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (Black)
|Price:||FREE Delivery. Details|
|You Save:||₹ 31,000.00 (69%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- AC4000 WIFI -Up to 750+1625+1625mbps wireless speed
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi: Avoids interference and optimizes network performance
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): For simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- Powerful 64-bit dual cure 1.8GHz processor with 3 offload processors - next generation processor to handle data intensive applications and for better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing and more
- Gigabit Internet Ready: Built to support gigabit WAN to LAN speeds ; System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Fast Backups: Two Ethernet ports can be aggregated for > 1gbps wired speeds ; Number of USB Ports: Two (2) USB ports (1 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0) ; Works with Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant
- Works with Amazon Echo/Alexa: Control your home network using voice commands
- Works with all Internet Service Providers – Airtel Fibernet, BSNL, ACT, Vodafone, Tata Tele, Hathway, Beam Cables, Tikona, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet and all other major service providers
Save Extra with 4 offers
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (4): Get 5% cashback on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on IndusInd bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on Yes bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Nighthawk X6S AC4000 router, with breakthrough tri-band Wi-Fi and multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) is ideal for simultaneous streaming to many Wi-Fi devices in your home.
Compare with similar items
TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router (Black)
TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router (White, Not a Modem)
Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad-Stream Wi-Fi Router (Black, with Indian Adapter)
Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming WiFi Router (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Eye2Eye||Appario Retail Private Ltd|
|Connectivity Technology||wan; wireless||Wired||Wireless||Wireless||wireless|
|Data Transfer Rate||—||1,200 Mb per second||867 Mb per second||2,166 Mb per second||2,600 Mb per second|
|Item Weight||—||350 grams||0.5 kg||1.68 kg||1.68 kg|
|Model Number||AC4000||Archer C6||Archer C60||R8500-100PES||XR500-100NAS|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802.11a||802.11ac||802.11n; 802.11g; 802.11b; 802.11a||802.11b; 802.11g; 802.11n||802.11ac|
From the manufacturer
Connect More, Do More
4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports allow you to stay wired for the most stable and uninterrupted connectivity. Access your media and backup your data with an attached USB hard drive connected to the super-speed USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.
Speed, Range, Reliability
With Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device which boosts speed, reliability, and range.
Equipped with a next generation 64-bit Dual-core processor that is more efficient than 32-bit processors found in most routers coupled with three offload processors, X6S can handle data intensive applications and provide better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing, and more.
Gigabit Internet Ready
X6S is built to support gigabit WAN to LAN speeds so you can make the most of your broadband connections such as Xfinity Gig, AT&T Fiber, Google Fiber.
|Nighthawk||Nighthawk AC2300||Nighthawk X4S||Nighthawk X6||Nighthawk X6S||Nighthawk X10|
|Best for - Property Size||Medium to Large||Medium to Large||Medium to Large||Large||Large||Very Large|
|Best for - Activities||Gaming / Streaming / Mobile||Gaming / Streaming / Mobile||Gaming / 4K Streaming / Mobile||Gaming / Streaming / Mobile||Gaming / 4K Streaming / Mobile||VR Gaming / 4K Streaming / Mobile / Fast file transfers|
|Combined WiFi Speeds||1900Mbps||2300Mbps||2600Mbps||3000Mbps||4000Mbps||7200Mbps|
|WiFi Bands||Dual Band (600 + 1300)||Dual Band (600 + 1625)||Dual Band (800 + 1733)||Tri-band (600 + 1300 + 1300)||Tri-band (750 + 1625 + 1625)||60GHz 802.11ad WiFi (800 + 1733 + 4600)|
|Processor Speeds||Dual Core 1GHz||Dual Core 1GHz||1.7GHz Dual Core Processor with 1 Dual Core Offload Processor||1.0GHz Dual Core Processor with 3 Offload Processors||64-bit 1.8GHz Dual Core Processor||1.7GHz Quad-core processor|
|Quality of Service||Dynamic QoS||Dynamic QoS||Dynamic QoS||Dynamic QoS||-|
|Storage Ports||Two (2) USB ports—one (1) USB 3.0 & one (1) USB 2.0 port||Two (2) USB ports—one (1) USB 3.0 & one (1) USB 2.0 port||Two (2) USB 3.0 ports & 1 eSATA||Two (2) USB ports: 1 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0 port||Two (2) USB ports: 1 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0 port||Two (2) USB 3.0 ports|
|LAN Ports||5 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN)||5 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN)||5 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN)||5 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN)||5 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN. Dual Gigabit Port Aggregation)||7 Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 6 LAN. Dual Gigabit Port Aggregation)|
548 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 548 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First off, router ships with a 2-prong adapter instead of a 3-prong Indian adapter.
Secondly, router powerup time is significantly reduced by 30-35 seconds, compared to X6. So, it will be up and running in no effin time 📶
It supports smart connect for all 3 bands even though I reckon its a hit-and-miss 😏
More often than not, it will connect to a 5 Ghz band based on the client performance metrics; it will then revert to 2.4 Ghz, if need be, as dictated by the client performance. But it won't upgrade to 5 Ghz again should you close up on the router. Well, at least it did not, in my case. So, I have disabled smart connect and control all 3 SSIDs manually.
It doesn't support Dynamic QoS, as of now, but might be enabled in the future through a firmware update.
It supports MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness. MU-MIMO requires client capability, in addition to router capability, and I don't have any MU-MIMO enabled devices, so couldn't test it.
Enabling airtime fairness makes sense if you have legacy device(s) in your network which might hold up other faster devices 🚀
2.4 Ghz performance is almost similar to that of X6 but 5 Ghz speed is comparatively increased at long range, methinks 🤓
So all in all, a decent router 👍 Obviously, not the fastest out there but not the slowest, either 🤠
While researching for my new router I narrowed down on Netgear Nighthawk x4S, and TP-Link Archer C2600 - both dual band (2.4+5 GHz) routers that compete in the AC2600 market slab. Both offer 800 Mbps theoretical max thoughput in 2.4GHz and 1733 Mbps in the 5GHz bands. Anything beyond is an overkill, because your client(laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, smart-TV) would be limited by the capability of the onboard wireless adapter. Here is why:
(i) The top wireless cards for laptops available today in the market (Intel Wireless AC8265 and Killer Wireless-AC 1535) are both capped at theoretical max throughput of 867 Mbps and 2x2:2 MU-MIMO. Highly likely that your laptop will have a previous gen wireless adapter than these two, which means that it would be a still slower device.
(ii) The top USB adapters: TP-Link Archer T9UH (4x4:4 - four-transmit x four-receive: quad-stream), ASUS USB-AC68 (3x4:3 - three-transmit x four-receive, tri-stream), D-Link DWA-192 ( 4x4:3 - four-transmit x four-receive: tri-stream), are all limited to AC1900 speeds (600Mpbs on 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on 5GHz band) . The Edimax EW-7833 ( 3x3:3 ) is capped at AC1750 i.e 450Mbps for 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps for 5GHz band.
Note that the number of spatial streams that can be multiplexed over the air is dependent on the number of transmitting modules.
(iii) The wifi modules onboard even top-end smartphones will also be no better than 2x2 ac wave2 limited to a max throughput of 867 Mbps.
Keeping this in mind, though there are more capable routers available in the market such as Netgear x8, ASUS RT-AC88U, ASUS -AC5300, the max theoretical throughputs will still be limited by the capability of your wifi clients. The Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 comes at a much cheaper price tag and is not short on features and hardware specs.
Significant Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 features:
1) Intuitive user interface and easy setup (some ISP providers restrict access to one ethernet MAC address per connection, so while setting up the new router make sure you either use the computer's MAC address, or copy the MAC address from old router to the new router)
2) Theoretical max throughput of 2600 Mbps (800 + 1733). I use an Edimax EW-7833UAC USB adapter and getting blistering(quite literally as the USB adapter heats up while streaming 1080 movies for hours) fast speeds on my lappy.
3) Dynamic QoS for optimal bandwidth prioritization by application and device.
4) Packed with features such as ReadyCLOUD, ReadySHARE printer and vault, Open VPN, Guest Network, and Device Whitelist/Blacklist, secure remote management and remote access of data. Support scheduled backups of your connected devices.
5) DLNA and USB compatibility for wireless media streaming from USB attached external HDD and/or NAS.
6) Hardware specs are second to none - Processor: Qualcomm Atheros IPQ8065 (1.7 GHz, 2 cores), Memory: 128 MB flash and 512 MB RAM. In comparison the TP-Link Archer ac2600 has a previous gen Qualcomm IPQ8064 1.4 GHz processor and a flash memory of just 32MB!
7) 2 USB 3.0 + 1 eSATA ports.
8) In comparison to other high-end routers, this one is not that heavy/bulky.
9) Supports the future-proof 160 MHz spatial stream.
10) Wifi range: I get decent coverage in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz bands in my flat (2000 sqft), so can't really complain.
11) Configurable in either of Router/Access Point/Bridge modes.
12) Comes with India specific power adapter.
1) The system time is stuck on Jan 1, 1970.
2) There is a nifty little feature ( "Turn off wireless signal by schedule") that allows you to schedule wireless downtimes (you may schedule the router to turnoff wifi signals in either or both bands overnight) to save power, but the feature is inaccessible due to some bug in both the pre-installed firmware, as well as the latest firmware available for dowload(V18.104.22.168)
Neither router reset nor updating to the latest firmware could solve these two bugs. Turns out NTP server update is disabled by default and there is no way to enable it via the GUI. SOLUTION: Finally came across an NTP patch of an earlier version and flashed it promptly - everything works perfectly now. Now the system time is accurate, as well as can access the "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature. Hope Netgear release an updated firmware version and not just a patch of an earlier version. Link to patched firmware - https://mega.nz/#!Tdd3XCQY!xcrfJo-asC4lhrPsr36pOoHYL7MXxffSaIzkMKhG_ps
Router: Apart from the aforementioned software glitch, this router is perfect in all regards! Worth the money invested.
Seller: Prompt 2-day delivery by "Shopper's Pride". The offered deal was for INR 16,550/- which was close to import cost (~ INR 16,200) from amazon.com
I replaced my TP-Link with this Netgear nighthwak and it became my nightmare.
Very first thing the router comes with wrong wall mounting option you can not hang it on wall with proper direction it shows the name down to upward direction and cable connection comes to down..which is just irritating. I somehow managed to hang it with the help of cotton tape.....It came with old firmware R8000P-V22.214.171.124_1.1.74 being a Network engineer I upgraded the firmware to latest one R8000P-V126.96.36.199_1.2.20...It started working.....With lots of hopes I started using it....BUT...After couple of days it stop working and every alternate day I need to get it restarted. Later on it started restarting itself .....Then degraded the firmware back to old one and tried many in between released firmware but now it stopped working in just 20 days.....No SSID being broadcasted through it. I cant see any SSID from this dumb box....Through Ethernet port it working fine but no WIFi signal :( :( I tried all my efforts but it is not working whenever I ma trying to do some changes with respect to Wireless setting it gives error or DFS and Radar. I dig the things on internet and got to know that this Netgear router has many issues with respect to DFS and Radar Chanel. "This DFS Channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before". I am so unlucky that I can not even return this product. Please do not buy this Product. My old TP link is 100 time better that this expensive router. And one more thing about the range ....The wifi range of this netgear router is same as my old tplink router(worth 1800 Rs).
I would suggest not buy this and go for tplink with 5 G supported dual band router which come within range of 4 K.
I have raised the case with support team ..lets see if they can help me in this...or else this is going to be a play toy for my kids.....
Update on 1st Oct 2018: As the Amazon return windows was closed in my case. I contacted Netgear Support team and they raised a RMA (Return Merchandised Authorization) in my very first call and they provided the details of Office in Pune to get it replaced with new one. I went to the Office they asked me to visit and surrendered my old faulty router and I was asked to wait 3 to 4 days as the same router was not in stock in Pune. Finally I got my New/replacement router from NetwGear.
Note : Really impressed with the Technical and Support team of NetGear.
Now, I would configure this new router and would start using it. Would keep you updated with the performance of this new router.