- Reading level: 4 - 8 years
- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: Natl Center for Youth Issues; 1 edition (25 August 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1931636850
- ISBN-13: 978-1931636858
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 0.3 x 19.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #8,071 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
My Mouth Is a Volcano! Paperback – 25 Aug 2008
Comics & Mangas for ChildrenExplore wide range of comics & mangas that can be a great supplement to help foster love & enjoyment for books among children. Shop now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Description for My Mouth Is a Volcano!
About the Author
JULIA COOK, M.S. is a national award winning children's author, counselor and parenting expert. She has presented in thousands of schools across the country and abroad, regularly speaks at national education and counseling conferences, and has published children s books on a wide range of character and social development topics. The goal behind Cook's work is to actively involve young people in fun, memorable stories and teach them to become lifelong problem solvers. Inspiration for her books comes from working with children and carefully listening to counselors, parents, and teachers, in order to stay on top of needs in the classroom and at home. Cook has the innate ability to enter the worldview of a child through storybooks, giving children both the what to say and the how to say it.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Published by National Centre for Youth Issues
Distinguished Achievement award winner 2006, written by Julia Cook , illustrations by Carrie Hartman
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is a list of a few of my personal favorites age range about 4-8
Helping kids about making good choices:
• That Rule Doesn't Apply to Me! (Responsible Me!)
• But It's Not My Fault! (Responsible Me!)
• What Were You Thinking? Learning to Control Your Impulses (Executive Function)
• My Mouth Is a Volcano! (talking over/interrupting people)
• What If Everybody Did That? (environmental awareness)
• LarryBoy and the Foolish Fig from Faraway (making good choices when friends aren’t)
• The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect (talking nice to others)
• The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores
• Squirmy Wormy: How I Learned to Help Myself (more autism focused)
• God, I Need to Talk to You about…. Series (very short and to the point! from child’s point of view)
Lying, Bad Manners, Whining, Laziness, Sharing, Stealing, My Bad Temper, Paying Attention, Hurting Others, Disrespect, Greed, vandalism, bad words, being a bad sport, video games, bullying, cheating, homework, healthy eating.
Helping kids handle their anger:
• Mad Isn't Bad: A Child's Book about Anger (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
• I Just Don't Like the Sound of No! My Story About Accepting No for an Answer and Disagreeing the Right Way! (Best Me I Can Be) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!)
• Angry Octopus: An Anger Management Story
Helping Kids keep themselves safe: In all reality we aren’t always around to keep our kids safe, but we can give them the tools they need to handle themselves if a situation arises.
• A Little Book About Safety (teaches kids exactly what to do in case they get lost) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!! Perfect for 3-5yr olds, special needs children, ALL CHILDREN)
Please read these books before reading them to your child ensure they are age/maturity level appropriate. I chose just a few pages here or there when my son was 4 as a preventative measure.
• An Exceptional Children's Guide to Touch: Teaching Social and Physical Boundaries to Kids (Good book to help discuss a difficult topic! I have passed this book around to many friends! Awareness is key to Prevention)
• I Said No! A kid-to-kid guide to keeping your private parts private
• My Body Belongs to Me
Helping kids Learn about God and teaching good Morals to live by (VeggieTales)
• Every Day with God: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
• Growing Day by Day: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
Helping Kids learn responsibility with money:
• Junior's Adventures: the Boxed Set
• The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and Sense
• Financial Peace Junior
Parent books: I have read over 30 books and these are the ones I liked
• Raising Boys With ADHD: Secrets for Parenting Healthy, Happy Sons (LOVE this book, great resources. I have been using it for 3 years now. It is categorized by age and the challenges that come with that age)
• Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach (APA Lifetools)
• Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money
• Driven to distraction
• The strong willed child
• Parenting isn’t for cowards (I just started reading but seem good so far)