- Actors: Marlon Brando, Trevor Howard, Richard Harris
- Directors: Lewis Milestone
- Format: Anamorphic, Dolby
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: All Regions
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: U/A (Parental Guidance)
- Studio: Sony DADC
- Product Release Date: 1 Jan 2013
- Run Time: 184 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- ASIN: B00GNXJC20
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#3,128 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
- #63 in Fantasy (Movies & TV Shows)
Mutiny on the Bounty
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
Return Policy on this item
All items in Movies & TV shows are non returnable. Learn more
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant Discount on IndusInd bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on Yes bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Bounty leaves Portsmouth in 1787. Its destination, to sail to Tahiti and load bread-fruit. Captain Bligh will do anything to get there as fast as possible, using any means to keep up a strict discipline. When they arrive at Tahiti, it is like a paradise for the crew, something completely different than the living hell on the ship. On the way back to England, officer Fletcher Christian becomes the leader of a mutiny.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Mutiny of the Bounty (1962) starting Marlon Brando, Trevor Howard, Richard Harris, and Brando's third wife Tarita-- as the beautiful and exotic Tahitian princess--, is the second silver screen installment (1935 was the first one starting Clark Gable) of the famous mutiny that took place on board of a ship called Bounty on April 28, 1789. The ship's mission was to explore the Pacific island of Tahiti where a plant by the name of breadfruit was growing, and than transport the said crop to Jamaica where it was to be cultivated on mass scale to feed slaves.
The expedition was a failure, once in Tahiti many of the crewmen were taken by the paradise-like life and easy sexual exploits, totally forgetting about the mission. Some of them also felt contempt for the rigorous treatment and discipline executed by the main captain.
I must say that the 1962 version is my second favorite, right after Bounty (1984) starting Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson. The 80's version stays more true the real story of the mutineers and their leader Fletcher Christian. I still haven't seen the original 1935 version.
Interestingly, Brando met his third wife Tarita Terripaia on the set of the film, he was 38 and she was 20. He fell for her beauty, charm, and naivete stemming from her culture. The were married from 1962 to 1972.
Filmed on location the music, scenery, and pageantry are superb. It's important to note here however that while Marlon did do a good job at playing Fletcher,
Trevor Howard is really an unsung hero in this movie.
There have been several men who have played Bligh, (all did well) but Trevor really hit this one out of the park.
The supporting cast were perfect.
The prologue & the epilogue were in the original release, but were removed later on. They actually do the film justice and need to be re-added to the film.
This film represents one of the best 'most likely" true-to-life accounts of what actually happened.
Filmed in vivid color this movie is an all time great and is very easy to watch again and again.