- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster; Reprint edition (15 June 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0671779710
- ISBN-13: 978-0671779719
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.8 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #65,704 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times Paperback – 15 Jun 1992
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The New York Times Book Review The first definitive biography of...the boxer who transcended sports as no other athlete ever has.
Budd Schulberg Chicago Tribune How many Muhammad Ali's have we seen during his tempestuous ride through 30 years of roller-coaster American history? Ali rode that roller coaster with zest and pride and humor and class.
Publishers Weekly A feast for fans, this composite portrait bristles with insights, jabs, and tributes.
The Sporting News Compelling...I doubt that we shall ever see a more comprehensive portrait of this extraordinary athlete.
Los Angeles Sentinel This is by far the best book ever written about Muhammad Ali, and one of the best ever written about a celebrity-entertainment-controversial figure....It gets inside "the real Muhammad."
The Nation A new generation is about to rediscover this exemplar of the Zeitgeist of the 1960s....The awesome pressures mortals can't imagine...were somehow converted into motivation by Ali. And this comprehensive, poignant and knowing book is sure to be a catalyst of his coming renaissance....Ali was bigger than boxing, and so is this book.
New York Post Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times is a measuring stick for at least three decades of America -- who we were, how we changed and what we became.
New York Daily News Extensive and fascinating detail; first-rate....The triumph of the "witness" technique in biography may be judged complete.
The Boston Globe A magnificent book [about] a life that needs to be understood whether you care a whit about boxing or not.
National Public Radio You're liable to find Muhammad Ali in the sports section of your bookstore, and that's certainly one place it belongs. Ali was a massive presence in sports for decades. But this book should be in the biography section as well, because like all good biography, it teaches us something about what it means to try to make a meaningful life in this slippery world. And it should be in the history section, because Ali has been a force in contemporary events second to no American.
About the Author
Thomas Hauser is a New York City attorney, Pulitzer Prize nominee, and the author of fourteen books, including Missing, which became the Academy Award–winning film, and The Black Lights: Inside the World of Professional Boxing.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
With this information inserted after a subject is discussed, it first throws you off balance until you realize that everybody weighs in on the subject before moving on to the next subject or area of Ali's life.
This book covers Ali's life more thoroughly than any other publication I have read. From the people I have spoken to, this is the most accurate and concise writing to cover Ali's life. The book is lengthy, but has a lot of information for those who have the interest. For boxing fans, this book a must have.
This book is Scott Ayler Approved.