- Go Cashless with BHIM UPI: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 if you pay with BHIM UPI. Minimum Order Value has to be Rs.100. Offer applicable once per customer during the offer period Jun 1st to Jun 21st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless with Visa Debit / Credit Cards: Get 10% back up to Rs.100 if you pay with a Visa Card. Offer valid for your first two cashless transactions ever on Amazon. Offer Period: 5th Jun to 30th Jun. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless with Amazon Pay balance: Save Rs.100 on your purchase. Offer: Add Amazon Pay balance, get Flat Rs.100 back. Minimum amount to be added Rs.1000. Offer valid from Jun 1st to Jun 21st.ADD BALANCE Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Momilies Paperback – Import, 29 Sep 1996
Special offers and product promotions
From the Publisher
What can I say? We all have them...moms and their truisms about life. When this book was first published I remember thinking, "yeah, my mother has something to say about everything."
Two of her favorites were:
"There's a place for everything, and everything in it's place" and "you've got six months to mind your own business and six months to leave other people's alone."
The really scary part about all of this is that as an adult, I find myself not only heeding my mother's words but even repeating them to my own children! I've become my mother. We were really being brainwashed and we didn't even know it.
I'll bet you have a few truisms passed down from your mother that you would like to share. Send in your "momilies" and let's compare.
Tamu Aljuwani - Director, Educational Marketing
From the Inside Flap
t;RM" ([phonetic spelling]), n., pl. -lies.
1. a sermon made by a mother.
2. an admonitory or moralizing discourse from mother to child.
You're not the only pebble on the beach.
If you swallow the pit, a cherry tree will grow in your stomach.
It'll never get well if you pick at it.
Don't run with a lollipop in your mouth.
Always put on clean underwear in case you're in an accident.
A marvelously accurate collection of the things that mothers say!
Including Pictures of the Mothers of Many Famous People!
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Am giving it to my mother now.
*Thirty-seven chews to a bite!
*If you don't eat your okra, you won't catch any fish.
*Clean your glasses- you can't be an optimistic with a misty optic.
*Always wear a coat and tie when you go on an airplane.
*Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies glow.
*When in doubt, write a thank you note.
Not only are there brilliant quotes like these (there are so many!), but mothers of our favorite actors, politicians, athletes, scientists, and authors, like Gertrude Stein, Joe DiMaggio, Liz Taylor, Thomas Alva Edison, and Ernest Hemingway.
Truly, Momilies has such great reading content for everyone to enjoy.