- Reading level: 18+ years
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Bluebird (23 April 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1529005507
- ISBN-13: 978-1529005509
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 2.4 x 21.5 cm
- Customer Reviews: 1,156 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,730 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World Paperback – 23 April 2019
|Paperback, 23 April 2019||
Preloaded Digital Audio Player, Unabridged, Import
Order within 10 hrs and 56 mins Details
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with SBI Credit cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (5): Buy 3 or more, Get 7% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Melinda Gates's book is a lesson in listening. A powerful, poignant, and ultimately humble call to arms. -- Tara Westover, author of Educated
The Moment of Lift is an urgent call to courage. It changed how I think about myself, my family, my work, and what’s possible in the world. Melinda weaves together vulnerable, brave storytelling and compelling data to make this one of those rare books that you carry in your heart and mind long after the last page. -- Brené Brown, Ph.D., author of New York Times #1 bestseller Dare to Lead
This book is a beautiful and concise mission statement on what we need to do to move society forward- continue to empower women. At every level and in all places women are truly the bedrock supporting their communities. -- Trevor Noah
For the past two decades, Melinda Gates has been a force, and an increasingly forceful voice, in global health. Yet The Moment of Lift is a book about gender equity and its golden thread is empathy. This book lifts up the voices of women and girls whose experiences have been entirely unlike Melinda’s own. They’ve taught her a great deal, and in this beautifully crafted and artful memoir, Melinda Gates invites the reader to learn from them too. -- Paul Farmer, MD, Kolokotrones University Professor, Harvard Medical School Co-Founder, Partners In Health
The Moment of Lift reveals painful truths about women living in the most vulnerable areas of the world. Melinda Gates uplifts and inspires by weaving a narrative of fortitude and hope. She pushes us to challenge the status quo and never settle. -- Mellody Hobson
An inspirational look at the need to empower women to make change in the world. -- Washington Post
I think this is one of the best books I've ever read. -- Warren Buffett
A moral appeal, imploring each of us who reads it to look around - at our own families, our own workplaces, our own place in a gigantic, but highly connected, world - and get to work making it more equal. -- Chicago Tribune
About the Author
Melinda Gates is a philanthropist, businesswoman, and global advocate for women and girls.
As the co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda sets the direction and priorities of the world’s largest philanthropy. She is also the founder of Pivotal Ventures, an investment and incubation company working to drive social progress for women and families in the United States.
Melinda grew up in Dallas, Texas. She received a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Duke University and an M.B.A. from Duke’s Fuqua School. Melinda spent the first decade of her career developing multimedia products at Microsoft before leaving the company to focus on her family and philanthropic work. She lives in Seattle, Washington, with her husband, Bill. They have three children, Jenn, Rory, and Phoebe.
From the Publisher
New Edition Available
Click on the book below
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I finished reading the book it was a moment of lift for me! Don't miss reading this book.
Top international reviews
About 30 pages in my opinion changed...
Melinda Gates has written an in-depth account of a depressing, sad situation occurring in certain cultures. She has used her fame and fortune to give desperately deprived women and their children hope that their lives can improve and are improving...
An interesting read and a humble account of her journey to give support and help to a very brutal world many women are born into.
A life turning extraordinary success and wealth into something worthwhile with the unique ability that gives to poke into faraway folk’s lives.