- Hardcover: 544 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company (10 December 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9388292227
- ISBN-13: 978-9388292221
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 3.5 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,157 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Modern South India: A History from the 17th Century to Our Times Hardcover – 10 Dec 2018
10% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, UrbanClap, Faasos & 1Mg. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
'A historical tour de force'- The Hindu 'This clear-sighted book ties major strands of south Indian history to modern times'- Outlook 'A necessary read for those interested in a popular history of South India'-National Herald 'Gandhi has.kept the reader hooked to his story. The author.takes care not to write a boring socio-political narration. '- The Week 'The perfect textbook.' - Business Standard
About the Author
Rajmohan Gandhi’s last two books are Why Gandhi Still Matters: An Appraisal of the Mahatma’s Legacy and Understanding the Founding Fathers: An Enquiry into the Indian Republic’s Beginnings. He has taught political science and history at Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, IIT-Bombay, Michigan State University and the University of Illinois, where he currently serves as research professor.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Strongly recommend not only to people from outside South India to improve their understanding, but also to all south Indians to better appreciate their heritage and how the present day polity has evolved over centuries of faith, greed, hate, and not the least, treachery. Lessons to reorder a better future.