- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Jaico Publishing House (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788184959451
- ISBN-13: 978-8184959451
- ASIN: 8184959451
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.3 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 402 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #929 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 70.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 50.00 Delivery charge
A Million Thoughts: Learn All About Meditation from The Himalayan Mystic Paperback – 2016
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): 5% Instant Discount on Axis bank Credit EMI and 10% Instant Discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Om Swami is a mystic living in the Himalayan foothills. He has a bachelor’s degree in business and an MBA from Sydney, Australia. Prior to his renunciation of this world, he founded and ran a multi-million dollar software company successfully. He is the bestselling author of Kundalini: An Untold Story, A Fistful of Love and If Truth Be Told: A Monk’s Memoir.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
402 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 402 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The main strengths of this books is that unlike some books which promote only one kind of meditation, Om Swami has explained all the different forms of meditation - from concentrative to contemplative, from focusing on breath, to chants, to self enquiry. This is extremely useful since different methods will appeal to different people and in the end meditation should not be about dogma - about following one method only but about letting the mind settle down, irrespective of the method involved.
Om Swami also narrates various anecdotes related to meditation and spirituality, which makes it an informative and at times humorous read. Like he says always smile during meditation since there are enough things to frown about. The author also makes it a point to point out how meditation should be part of a holistic life and is meaningless if other factors like compassion, love, kindness etc are not present in day to day interactions. He has also included a worksheet to track your progress in meditation. Highly recommend!
If you find this review useful then please press the "Helpful" button. Best wishes in your spiritual quest.
Definitely worth a read at least once in a while.