- Cards: 50 pages
- Publisher: Batsford Ltd (2 July 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849942900
- ISBN-13: 978-1849942904
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 3.4 x 16 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #9,02,346 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom Postcard Box: 50 beautiful cards for colouring in (Colouring Books) Cards – Import, 2 Jul 2015
Humour Books for ChildrenDo you love humorous reads? Explore our wide varieties of humorous books for children. Shop now
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
About the Author
Millie Marotta is a freelance illustrator working in her studio by the sea in a little corner of West Wales. She has developed a mild obsession with all things flora and fauna, which along with intricate pattern and detail remains an ongoing theme in her work, whether it be for a commission or simply to indulge her own flight of fancy. She works in both traditional and digital media and enjoys working on a diverse range of projects which include editorial, advertising, merchandising, design for web, textiles and bespoke original works. Her clients range from Virgin Atlantic to Penguin Books. She is the author of Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The designs themselves are absolutely beautiful. While some of the designs are sized down a tad from the original book, it seems that the artist wisely choose to spotlight a certain element, a vignette if you will, of an animal or insect from the original design. It will make coloring it less difficult than another set of postcards I recently purchased where the entire design was miniaturized. I will still need to use my magnifying lamp for some parts of the designs (as I did for the original book, too.)
I can only say that my favorites from the original book were included. There are 50 different designs and each will be a real pleasure to color. The bright white card stock is nice and heavy and should hold up well to my coloring techniques. The box that the cards come in is beautiful as well as very nicely made and I will certainly find a use for it once I have finished my cards.
I love this artist's beautiful drawings. Coloring her drawings are a lovely way to relax at the end of the day and let my mind let go of the stress it is holding onto.
This product was a personal purchase for myself at the normal retail price. I am reviewing it solely because I want to share my experience with other potential customers. I have received no compensation for my review nor do I have any relationship with the seller or manufacturer of this product.
I was first introduced to Millie Marotta's work with the Animal Kingdom: Color Me, Draw Me (A Millie Marotta Adult Coloring Book), and you'll find many of the same images here, only smaller -- small enough to fit into a bag for on-the-go coloring.
Since these are postcards, you needn't worry about ruining an image on the reverse due to bleed-through as the design is printed on one side only (the reverse has a spot for the address, a message, and a stamp). This means that you can use markers to color these, in addition to pencils and gel pens. Bear in mind, however, that the images contain VERY tiny details. You'll need fine-point markers (or sharp pencils) to stay within the lines.
I'm enjoying working on these (I'm using Staedtler Triplus Fineliners) and plan to frame several. There are 20 bird images, 12 insects, 9 mammals, 9 other (fish, reptiles, amphibians, etc.). Truly something for everyone. Just be aware that the fine details loved by fans of Millie Marotta's books are even smaller/finer details when reduced to postcard size.