- Product Dimensions: 119.4 x 61 x 35.6 cm ; 5.67 Kg
- Item model number: B001NJ0DQ8
- ASIN: B001NJ0DQ8
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 6 February 2015
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #32,657 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
Midwest Interactive Guinea Habitat Plus
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Provides 8 square feet of living area for Guinea Pigs as recommended by Veterinarians and Breeders
- Fully removable wire mesh top to protect your Guinea Pig from predators. The multi-access folding top and divider panel with hinged "lock-in-place" ramps/doors separate play and care areas
- Durable, leak proof, washable and easily removable PVC lined canvas bottom allows for easy care and maintenance while providing traction and protection for Guinea Pig's sensitive feet
- 14" high sides provide for secure and convenient access to Guinea Pigs. Great Guinea Pig cage for indoor or outdoor use. Sets up in minutes, no tools required for assembly.
- Ideal for first time Guinea Pig owners and "cavy" enthusiasts as well. Includes 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
Packaging may reveal contents and cannot be hidden.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Style: Guinea Habitat Plus
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Guinea Pig Habitat "Plus" by MidWest Homes for Pets is an interactive and expandable habitat cage for your Guinea Pig. The "Plus" features a multi-access folding top to protect your Guinea Pig or pet from predators. Each Guinea Pig Habitat "Plus" includes a leak-proof, durable PVC lined canvas bottom that is hand-washable. The 'Bigger is Better' interactive and expandable habitat / small animal cage is designed with Guinea Pigs and their owners in mind and provides 8 sqft of living area for you Guinea Pig to ensure they have enough room for play and exercise. Each Guinea Habitat "Plus" comes with a divider panel to separate your pets playing / living area from their litter box to assist in the proper hygiene of your pet Guinea Pig. This habitat sets up in a matter of minutes with no tools required. Since Guinea Pigs are social creatures MidWest Homes for Pets suggests at least having two Guinea Pigs per habitat. The Guinea Pig Habitat can suit up to 3 Guinea Pigs and provides the right amount of living space recommended by Veterinarian's and Breeders. MidWest Homes for Pets stands behind the quality of our products with a 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. If you have any questions about the Guinea Pig Habitat "Plus" our customer service department would be glad to help you. MidWest customer service can be contacted at: 1-800-428-8560, available 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
We weren't sure about using fleece (thinking that it must smell horribly!), but it's working out wonderfully. We have a layer of puppy training pads on the bottom of the cages with one layer of absorbable fleece on top of that and one more layer of colored fleece (that we sweep up and change every day) on top of that, and we only have to clean the cages thoroughly once a week. Which only takes about 20 minutes to do! The cages are great because you can attached them all together, or keep them separate! My pig, Esther, doesn't get along with the other pigs, but she can still socialize and be close to the others without getting into trouble. The other 4 pigs have three cages that they can run around and pop in, one of which has shavings in it, which is where we put their food hay (it keeps the fleece much cleaner!).
All together, we are extremely happy with the cages! They're working out even better than expected and our pigs LOVE them :) I would highly recommend to any pig owners!
The cage is a nice large size and fits lots of toys and everything you need for your small pets. But take note of the measurements. It may take up a lot more space than you realize, so measure before you order. My daughter thought it would fit on the top of a shelf of in a small corner, but that was definitely not the case. It's good that it's big, just be aware and measure twice before ordering and know where you plan to put it and you will be a much happier camper.
It is pretty easy to clean and to assemble and disassemble. We ended up putting newspapers down in the bottom and covering it, then completely covering the paper with the litter. It will take quite a bit of litter to cover this cage. But if you have a scooper and stay on top of daily scooping, you won't need to do total swap out of litter but every 4-5 days.
I looked at pet stores and online before our purchase. This was by far the best cage for the money for guinea pigs that we could find at the time we bought.