Top positive review
Excellent quality wired earphones for 699 from MI. Great value for money.
23 November 2018
I have used the cheaper 399 earphones from MI before I misplaced them. I loved those. I decided to get the pricey 699 option. And I don't regret my decision at all. Let me first qualify - I use this with my OnePlus 6 - yeah the last one which had a headphone jack. I prefer using wired ones for taking long calls. And this is just perfect. Call me old-fashioned. I do own many BT headsets as well (which I love) but the simplicity of a wired headset cannot be beaten.
Are there better options out there? Yeah probably yes. Like skullcandy, JBL etc. But I had my reasons for choosing this over others. And this review will list those reasons.
What did I like/love:
- Overall built quality & finishing is fantastic. I took the Silver over black because the silver polish shows well & contrasts nicely with the black wire. The frosted polish & metal looks classy
- The kevlar wire feels very reassuring and casual yanks will not lead to damage
- The 3.5mm jack is angled at 90 degrees. This makes it easier to use & the plug isn't just jutting out once connected
- Sound quality of course. This might be subjective to most people. But I found the sound signature neutral by default. However if you have a device which supports EQ, then these can pump out very decent levels of bass. Voice clarity is solid. You will find other customers complaining since by default, these earphones are neutral. But with a bit of adjustment, the neo-dynium drivers are fairly capable.
- The inline controls are really nice. Volume up/down and a primary action button for call recieve/cancel. The metal finish around it is also very nice. The buttons are clicky with ample feedback.
- Mic picks up voice very well. And it works perfectly on MacBooks.
What could have been improved?
- Tangle-free cable. It does not tangle as much as other earphones. But it's not without problems of its own. Occasionally it gets tangled
- A clip would have been nice to keep these in place. Especially if you want to use just the right earplug.
- The packaging is basic but clean. Not a complaint. But it feels a little less premium.
Overall - for 699, it might feel pricey given BT earphones are costing around this price now (cheap entry level ones). But what you get is great quality & durability. In my opinion, these are fantastic & will last a long time. Listening to music is also a pleasure. I am glad I bought these.