- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: Fingerprint Publishing (10 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788175994751
- ISBN-13: 978-8175994751
- ASIN: 8175994754
- Package Dimensions: 28.2 x 19.6 x 2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,455 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ 70.00 Delivery charge
Meditations Paperback – 10 Aug 2017
5% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Marcus Aurelius was born Marcus Annius Verus in Rome on 26 April 121. He was taught at home by some of the best tutors. In 161, after the death of Antoninus, Marcus became the ruler of the Roman Empire. He made Lucius Verus his co-emperor, and for the first time in history, Rome was being ruled by two emperors.
During his campaigns against the Sarmatians and Germans, Marcus penned down this emotions, thoughts, and reflections in a series of twelve books called Meditations. Originally written in Greek, Meditations records the various stages of his life and gives an insight into his inner life, Stoic ideas, and philosophy.
The first English translation appeared in 1634. It was published by Meric Casaubon. With themes, ideas, and beliefs which have continued to inspire the readers across the centuries, Meditations is one of the greatest works of Greek and philosophical literature.
Marcus breathed his last on 17 March 180. He was succeeded by his son, Commodus.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Seen some people complaining about print quality. I see it good. Also, some one complained about the spelling mistakes :). Note that the contents in this book are translations happened on 18th century. Old format (and style - larger sentences) of English is used. When you are familiar with those words (countable though), it would be easy read.
Plus it's not an easy read as the language is quite old style making it difficult to read
I just started reading the book and already feel irritated with the poor editing of the book.