- Hardcover: 260 pages
- Publisher: Osho Media International; Revised Edition edition (10 December 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8172612397
- ISBN-13: 978-8172612399
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 15.2 x 1.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 29 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #26,803 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Meditation: The First And Last Freedom (A Practical Guide To Meditation) Hardcover – 10 Dec 2014
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Included are step-by-step guides to over eighty meditation techniques selected and created by Osho, including the unique OSHO Active Meditations which deal with the special tensions of contemporary life. This comprehensive guide also gives an understanding of what meditation is, and contains Osho's responses to many questions from meditators. As we acquire the knack of meditation, it can be our companion wherever we are – at work, at rest, at play.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Osho says to Drop the old ideas of meditation - that just sitting underneath a tree in a yoga posture is meditation. That is only one of the ways, and it may be suitable for a few people but it is not suitable for all.. In Osho’s words ‘Meditation is a quality, it can be brought to anything . It is not a specific act.So if you can keep alert, any activity is meditation.Walking, walk slowly, watchfully. Looking, look watchfully, and you will see trees are greener than they have ever been. Listen, listen attentively. When you are talking, talk attentively. Let your whole waking activity become deautomatized.’ Whatsoever you do with awareness is meditation. Meditation helps you to grow your own intuitive faculty.Meditation is witnessing. To meditate means to become a witness.
Osho also says that techniques / methods are just to bridge the gap. Methods are dangerous only if one is unaware, otherwise they can be used beautifully.
Buddha used to tell a story again and again: Five idiots passed through a village carrying a boat on their heads. They said ‘We cannot leave this boat. This is the boat that helped us to come from the other shore to this shore. We will carry it on our heads in sheer gratitude’.It is just a raft to be used and discarded, used and abandoned, used and never looked back at again; there is no need, no point Methods and techniques are just like this raft which one should be aware enough to abandon, on reaching the other shore.
Osho’s responses to questions about meditation are included in the last part of the book. A few of his observations:
Tears will take out all the agony that is hidden inside you and laughter will take all that is preventing your ecstasy.
Whereever sinners go, they create hell and whereever saints go, they create heaven.
If someone else can make you happy and unhappy, you are not a master. You are just a slave.
This book will definitely serve as a useful guide for all those who are interested in meditation.
A must read for seeker.