- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.50 using BHIM UPI or Rupay ATM cards, debit cards or credit cards. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs.100 on your first ever online payment on Amazon.in. Applicable only on ATM card, debit card or credit card orders. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Medela Milk Collection Shells
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Spot for easy emptying
- Lower profile for less visibility
- Can be worn under the bra
- Soft, Flexible silicone membrane-most comfortable fit
- Spout for easy emptying
- Instructions included
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Made of soft, flexible silicone membrane, it can be used for collecting the leaking milk. Can be worn under the bra.
- Caution: Only the milk which is collected during breastfeeding can be fed to the baby. Milk which is not used immediately has to be disposed of.
- Lower profile for less visibility.
- For excessive milk leakage.
- To collect leaking milk.
- To protect clothing.
Recommendation for use
- Collecting breastmilk from one breast during breastfeeding-If this milk is not used immediately, it has to be disposed of.
- Collecting leaking milk between breastfeedings-This milk has to be disposed of.
BreastcareBreastfeeding is one of the most beautiful and natural experiences mothers can share with their baby. Medela can accompany mothers if they need a little extra support. Medela's Breast Care range offer small and practical devices to help overcome any difficulties.
Everyday careUseful tips to ensure a long happy breastfeeding period:
- wear a well-fitting bra.
- use good quality bra pads to absorb any milk leakage.
- Apply PureLan nipple cream if you have dry nipples.
- Avoid excessive soap on your nipples.
Nipple careIf you experience nipple discomfort
- Ensure your baby is correctly positioned and attached to your breast.
- use PureLan nipple cream and Hydrogel Pacs to help alleviate symptoms.
- Use nipple shields as a temporary support only.
- Seek advice from a lactation professional if problem persists.
ChallengesIn case of feeding challenges look for the following option:
- Flat/inverted nipples: Nipple formers can help draw out your nipples.
- Engorgement: Use hydrogel pads for a cooling effect.
This chart helps mothers choose the right Medela product for their individual situation.
Useful Hints/Trouble Shooting
- Place the milk collection shells with the spout on top.
- Never feed the baby with breastmilk and/or store milk that was in the collection shells for several hours.
- 2 Shells.
- 2 Silicone membranes.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and "Healthcare".Breastfeeding Benefits
Breastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby's age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.