|Sold by:||Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited|
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Making Your Website Work: 100 Copy & Design Tweaks for Smart Business Owners Kindle Edition
Take a shortcut to making your website work
Want to learn how to drive more business through your website without taking an expensive course or reading a pile of books?
"Making Your Website Work" helps you understand what makes a great website through practical tips you can apply to your website today to get more clients and sales.
It doesn’t teach you all the copywriting formulas, make you learn design rules by heart or generally talk a lot about things in theory.
Instead, it describes real website problems that freelancers, digital agencies, ecommerce shops and SaaS companies face – the same problems you have with your website – and shows you how to fix them through practical tips.
Among other things, you’ll learn:
- How to spot (and fix) vague and self-centered copy
- How to sound trustworthy even without testimonials
- How to structure your homepage to make your message clear
- Why you should delete your Testimonials and FAQ pages
- Where to place call-to-action buttons to get more people to click
- What design mistakes get in the way of your message
Who is this book for?
This book is NOT for you if:
- You sell products, not services. The tips in this book are for the service provider websites: freelancers, consultancies, agencies, contractors, etc.
- Your website is already attracting a decent amount of leads. The only way to improve a website that's already working to some extend is to have it properly audited by a professional.
This book IS for you if you're:
- A business owner who takes care of their website themselves. You’ll learn how to write better copy and how to make sure that your design doesn’t kill your message.
- A copywriter who wants to sharpen their skill and also learn how to prevent designers from murdering their copy later on. You’ll learn to spot bad design decisions and discover powerful arguments to use in conversations with your clients and their designers.
- A web designer who wants to design not only pretty websites but also websites that convert.
- A business owner who is planning to hire someone to create their website for them. You’ll learn how to spot ineffective copy and sloppy design to make sure that the pretty website you’re paying for will also convert.
- ASIN : B082DCSTRH
- Language : English
- File size : 6862 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 201 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #180,733 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #883 in Tech Culture & Computer Literacy eBooks
- #1,634 in Internet & Social Media (Books)
- #7,784 in Business, Strategy & Management
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top review from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This is a genuinely helpful resource which you can refer to again and again. Consisting of 100 easy to read chapters, each one is full of hints, tips, and actionable tweaks you can make yourself to give you a website that offers genuine value for your customers and visitors. No experience necessary.
Looking at areas including copywriting, blogging, web design, strategy, and user experience, Gill effortlessly explains what you can do to make your website work.
Highly recommended. Buy it and keep it on your desk.
I'm working in photography so not niche by a long chalk. I do realise I need to keep producing content or it's going to drop but I'm delighted with the success it's given me so far.
Gill has a laser-like focus on how to improve your website design and copy. The 100 tips are concise, practical and effective. Each of them is clear and easy to follow. And they're packed with examples, images and bonus tips too.
Throughout the book, Gill explains the 'why' behind each tip. This turns the tips from a 'to do' list into a powerful learning tool on website design and copywriting.
There's also a slice of humour which runs through the book which makes it a joy to read.
I usually read on my Kindle, but I bought the paperback version of this book. This makes it easy to use alongside my laptop. And it's a physical reminder to apply the many tweaks and fixes to my website!
If you're a freelancer or small business owner, Gill's tips are invaluable for making your website or your customers' websites work.
Gill's tips and her way of explaining the why behind them is just perfect, short and sweet. What has been most valuable for me is that Gill not only gives great copywriting advice but she also gives valuable advice on UX, website strategy and then web design tips that are important to knit all these areas together to make a website that WORKS! I consider this the real value of the book because, in my experience to date, it is so difficult to find someone who is so experienced in ALL of these areas.
The book is very well laid out, there is no time-wasting having to read paragraphs upon paragraphs before finally getting to the tips. There is also a super handy index so that you can quickly find her advice on specific areas. This all makes this book a great reference not just for an initial website build or one large revamp of a site, but also makes it a great go-to for when you want to add something to the site at a later point or simply update one aspect or page of the site that you know is just not working.
Well done on this book Gill! It's a masterpiece :)