- HDFC: 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with HDFC Credit/Debit cards and EMIs Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs.3000, HDFC debit cards on orders above Rs.10,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.25 using BHIM UPI to pay. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get up to ₹2000 cashback across Swiggy, BookMyShow, Goibibo & Netmeds. Shop on Amazon for ₹300 or more during the sale (20th - 23rd Jan'19) & pay through any prepaid payment method | Cashback offers will be sent by email/SMS after successful payment Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 65.00 Delivery charge
+ 59.00 Delivery charge
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
Make the Best of Your Life: Letters to Bahujan Youth Paperback – 2018
Special offers and product promotions
If you are determined to improve your life, this book is for you. The word ‘Bahujan’ is often used to refer to people from the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC), as well as religious groups, which together make up approximately 70 per cent of India’s population. But are these the only people who are held back? Are only people from these groups stopped from expressing their talents, from developing their personalities, and from making their full contribution to the country and the world? Doesn’t lack of education, lack of mentoring, and lack of infrastructure affect the whole of our society, with the exception of a small elite? The majority of our young people are struggling to fulfil their dreams, strangled as they are by political shenanigans, bureaucratic hurdles, and cultural restrictions. Here are some quotes about the book: “written very beautifully….wise and clever answers…. If you don’t shy away from real problems and situations, this book is for you” – https://thinkerviews.com/books/english-books/make-the-best-of-your-life-letters-to-bahujan-youth-by-prabhu-guptara-book-reviews; “like a peek into an ongoing correspondence between an Uncle with his younger relatives - relational, warm, and packed with very practical advice…. wisdom and insight that takes into account the uniqueness of Indian culture and blends …the traditional with the modern, freedom with conformity, and individual rights with the onerous but satisfying responsibilities that the culture places not only towards families but also towards wider groups…. provides the reader with thought-provoking and heart-searching realities in a light-hearted, but very real way” –Deepak Mahtani, Trustee & Management Consultant https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepak-mahtani-ba-hons-acmi-frsa-879a7619; "The book is a much-needed support to all young entrepreneurs " – Santosh Samal, Programme Head, http://madhyanchalforum.org (former Executive Director, https://dalitfoundation.net)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As the name suggests, the book is a compilation of (fictional) letters to the protagonist and his wise and clever answers for the same.
The book is distinguished into 3 segments, they are
Life (10 Chapters)
Education (10 Chapters)
Work (15 Chapters)
The Preface of the book needs to be read. It says why it is required to write this book for the author and why it is something a reader should read.
If I am asked, which message from the book I like the most, I can summarize it as Communication is the key and Love is essential.
There is an interesting segment about New years resolutions, which is a trend these days. Actually, since the last few years, this trend is increased a lot. The most important thing, however, is, if the resolutions are stuck to, and efforts made to achieve the same. The author rightly conveys (through the character of Dadu) that getting rid of any of the addiction could be the best resolution
And yes, there is no need to accept everything. Just take away what you find worth from it, and you will feel enriched! If you like reading books in this genre, this book will surely interest you. It has a predefined target readership. It is not for those who are looking for some light read to kill time. If you love reading something substantial then you may enjoy it.
Around 7 out of 10 stars.