- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Fingerprint! Publishing; First edition (2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8172343116
- ISBN-13: 978-8172343118
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 19.8 x 13.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 330 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #136 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth Paperback – 2009
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from order. Here's how
- 50% up to Rs.150 back using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Get 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check your eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, or the Mahatama, was the leader of the Indian national movement. He fought the colonial regime with his philosophy of Satyagraha and Ahimsa. His birthday, October 2nd, is celebrated as the International Day of Non-violence
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
330 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 330 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. By reading 'Why I assassinated Gandhi' by Nathuram Godse I became a fan of Godse. I seldom took coffee before,but just bcoz Nathruam is a coffee lover, I had coffee with my morning breakfast, with my evening snack, almost everyday after reading the book.
2. I read Bhagat Singh's Jail notes, Why I am an atheist, and Without fear.
3. I completely agreed with what B.R. Ambedkar said in his interview with BBC in the year 1955.
All the above person's beliefs were totally against Gandhi.
With so many doubts I started reading Gandhi's story and guilt was what left with me when I finished reading.
Guilt for forming a wrong opinion about Gandhi merely by seeing only one side of the coin.
Read the book to know Gandhi - not Mahatma Gandhi - but about Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
Read the book if you want to know how India and Indians were in ninteen hundreds.
His experiments are not just with Truth but also with community service, simple living, dietary restrictions, self healing and standing up for rights.
A very simple but also a very account of all of the above.
Not to be swayed by the thoughts and righteousness of the "Father of the Nation", there are, however, many aspects where you would not agree with him and may find some inconsistencies in his approach. To name a few, his behaviour with his wife at times when she was forced into those aspects of community service which she, being a human, had all the rights to deny. Also, the failure of the father and a teacher to impart proper education to his own children despite the fact that he had all the means to provide for the same and the fact that he himself had studied to the highest levels possible in his field with proper degrees.
Overall, a good account of the life of a simple but powerful man.
This book is wholly about how does a playful boy like every other has been influenced by the situations to become the Mahatma. Even though titled as "My Experiments with Truth", I doubt if it is the whole truth.
I am genuinely fan of Mythology and History. I have read an autobiography before by Anne Frank, I could easily connect to her. But, I could hardly connect myself to this book. I had to force myself to finish the book.
About delivery : very fine 2 days delivery and nice packaging.
I am happy with this purchase and i shall definitely edit the review after reading the book.