Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
The Magick of Dark Root: A Paranormal Fantasy (Daughters of Dark Root Book 2) Kindle Edition
“Even in witchcraft?”
“Especially in witchcraft. What someone puts into the world comes back to them.”
“You mean karma?”
“Like karma, yes. But for a witch it comes back threefold. Never forget that.”
“That doesn’t seem fair.”
“Who said life was fair?”
In the second installment of The Daughters of Dark Root series, Maggie Maddock and her sisters are back, training under their coven-leading mother Miss Sasha Shantay to take over as the new leaders of The Council. But life isn’t as smooth as Maggie had hoped it would be. Harvest Home’s taxes have come due, and her mother’s illness has returned, stronger than ever.
Desperate, Maggie and Eve devise a scheme to make money through witchcraft.
And that’s when things go terribly wrong.
*Author's Note* This is the second book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone novel. If you are interested in reading the entire Daughters of Dark Root Series I suggest you begin with The Witches of Dark Root as the second book contains spoilers for the first book.
Books in The Daughters of Dark Root Series:
The Witches of Dark Root
The Magick of Dark Root
The Curse of Dark Root: Part One
The Curse of Dark Root: Part Two
The Shadows of Dark Root
Books in The Children of Dark Root Series:
Other Dark Root Stories:
The Council of Dark Root: Armand
A Dark Root Christmas: Merry's Gift
A Dark Root Halloween: The Witching Hour
A Dark Root Solstice: Dora's Dilemma
A Dark Root Christmas: Magick Mistletoe
A Dark Root Halloween: The Mystery of Ice Pond Road
About the Author
- ASIN : B00KRQ2KAK
- Publisher : Dark Root Press (3 June 2014)
- Language : English
- File size : 1654 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 330 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #482,905 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from other countries
Things I liked:
- Well written, like the first one
- Found myself getting very irritated with some of the characters when they were being stupid, which is always good, means I'm involved!
- The end scene was quite touching
- Not sure if I enjoyed this as much as the first one. There was less of the family and home theme in this book, which for me, meant less of the warmth.
- When they do what they do to Leo, I wasn't convinced the reaction was realistic. How would they ever have been convicted, as they used magic? On what evidence? They could've just called the police and moved on. Instead they did the worse possible thing and implicated themselves further.
- I know that if characters communicated properly, there would be few stories, but I found it hard to believe that Eve and Paul wouldn't have had it out earlier, or that Shane wouldn't have spoken frankly with Maggie sooner. Maggie keeping quiet, I could believe.
Summary: still pretty good, worth reading