- Product Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 52 cm ; 4.8 Kg
- Item model number: AC-M2-AA
- ASIN: B01MSDYEQG
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 1 December 2002
- Average Customer Review: 248 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #64,151 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
MI Air Purifier 2 (White)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Air Purifier Type - Room; Purification method - High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 400 sq. ft. / 37 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom / living room (medium)
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 310 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
- Warranty: 1 year on product. contact_us on : [ 18001036286 ]
- HEPA triple layer filter, removes harmful PM2.5, Cleans air (400 square feet in 10 minutes)
- Real time AQI monitoring, MI home app smart controls
- Wattage: 4.8-31 watts
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Style: Air purifier
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Inspired by aircraft engines, our engineers set to create a powerful aerodynamic system that uses pressure to let clean air soar across the room. The result is a form factor 40% smaller than its predecessor, yet retains a high Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of up to 310m3/h.Assembled inside is a Nitec DC motor that changes speed levels seamlessly. Ultra-quiet and unobtrusive, it also consumes very little power.so you can leave it running while you sleep. Smart phone controls allow you to adjust air flow rate, just the way you like it.
From the manufacturer
Purify Room in Just 10 mins
MI Air Purifier 2 is simple, elegant and has a new compact design that is 40% smaller than the first MI Air Purifier. Despite this, it still offers a high 310m/h Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) and takes just 10 minutes to circulate purified air in a 21m room.
Covers All Angles
Your home is filled with invisible harmful substances. Get rid of these impurities with this air purifier. Equipped with a 360-degree triple layer cylindrical filter, composed of a PET primary filter, ultra-dense EPA filter and activated Carbon filter, this air purifier takes in air from all directions and filters out formaldehyde, bad odour, and other harmful substances.
Every Way the Wind Blows
This Mi air purifier 2, inspired by the aircraft engines, creates high air pressure and offers larger circulation which pumps clean air and distributes it to every corner of your home so you can inhale fresh pure air.
The Strong, Silent Motor
This air purifier operates without creating any noise so you can delve into deep sleep. Equipped with advanced aerodynamics and featuring a custom Japanese motor from Nidec, this Mi Air Purifier 2 is ultra-quiet and power efficient with seamless speed transitions.
Completely in Control
Download the Mi Home app and use your phone as a remote to switch this air purifier on and off. The app lets you monitor the air quality from your phone anytime and anywhere! It recommends you to close or open the windows depending on the air quality outdoors and sends you a reminder notification when the filter needs to be changed.
Instant and Precise Response to Air Quality Changes
This air purifier's sensor detects PM2.5 concentration in the air and allows real-time readings on your phone. This lets the purifier automatically choose the best setting for your room and takes about 8 minutes to circulate the air once in your master bedroom.
Compare with similar items
Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier (White)
Honeywell HAC25M1201W 53-Watt Room Air Purifier
American Micronic-AMI-AP1-22Dx-22 Watts HEPA Air Purifier (White with Gray)
Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 43-Watt Air Purifier with HEPA PURE & VIRAL GUARD Technology (White) - with Remote Control
Dr. Morepen 49W Room Air Purifier APF-01 with HEPA Filter, Effective Area 400Sq.Ft.
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Cloudtail India||Amaze Prime Deals||American Micronic Instruments (India) Private Limited||Mankastu Impex Pvt. Ltd.||Glucokart|
|Colour||White||White||Classic White||White with Grey||White||White|
|Included Components||Air purifier, Filter, Power cord, User guide and Warranty card||Air purifier, Filters and User manual||Purifier, Filters, Quick start guide and Warranty card||Air purifier||Air purifier, Remote and Manual||Air Purifier; Instruction Manual|
|Item Weight||4.8 kg||7.04 kg||—||—||4.8 kg||5.28 kg|
|Model Number||AC-M2-AA||AC1215/20||Air Touch A5||22Dx||Beta 350||APF-01|
|Power Source Type||electric||electric||electric||electric||electric||—|
|Size||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard||Unit Size : 38.6cm W x 15.9cm D x 43cm H|
|Warranty||1 year on product||2 years on product||1 year on product||Don’t miss the special brand promotion discount offer this month. This is the highest quality product that’s available in India, built in one of the world's most advanced international factory, however just in case there is a problem, it comes with 1 Year India Countrywide Warranty against manufacturing defects. To avail warranty support, you just need to submit a customer support request at www.americanmicronic.in. The defective unit shall be picked up from your home and returned after repairs/ replacement within 7 days through our reverse logistics all over India. There is no need to visit any Service Centre. You may call 8882009988 between 10AM-7PM for any further information of product or on warranty support.||1 year on product||One Year Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects|
|Wattage||31 watts||2 watts||53 watts||22 watts||43 watts||49 watts|
Showing 1-8 of 248 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Taking a star off my rating on these for the following 2 reasons:
1. There is no indicator by the purifier -- either on the device itself or via the app -- that the filter inside needs cleaning. Yesterday when I opened my air purifiers, all 4 of them had their filter drums covered by thick dirt. This is part of the SOP (standard operating procedure) of any purifier that the filters get dirty over time. But this purifier puts the onus on the customer to remember to clean the filter. My honeywell and philips give visual indications on their control panels that the filters need to be cleaned. Maybe MI will take care of this in the next iteration.
2. The air quality sensor goes out of whack sometimes and will start showing PM levels in 200s when another MI purifier in the same room will be showing the more accurate PM level of say in 60s. The cleaning of the sensor remedies the situation but for the sensor to start misbehaving out of the blue is unexpected and doesn't inspire confidence.
On the plus side, I do use the automation tab in the app to turn these purifiers on automatically during certain times of the day which is a nice feature!
Update ** 2nd Nov 2017**
These purifiers continue to perform impressively. At a time when Delhi and its surrounding areas are touching 300s and 400s AQIs (really sad to see this!), these workhorses are able to bring down the AQI inside my apartment to below 50. I bought 2 more of these when these went down to Rs 9000/pc. Adding to the tips below:
1. Every room, with the exception of your bathrooms and kitchen, in your house needs at least 1 of these, depending on the room size. Don't ever make the mistake of assuming that a single purifier, no matter how powerful, will ever cover more than 1 room -- be it living, dining, or bedroom -- no matter how big or small.
2. To extract the maximum effectiveness out of any purifier, make sure that your room is kept closed as much as possible when the purifier is ON. This is an absolute must to obtain Green-level AQI figures and more importantly to sustain these levels. The second the door of the room, or that of the apartment/house/kitchen, opens, AQI rises like crazy! The purified air is most quickly and efficiently obtained in closed rooms. If you have open living//dining areas where the purifiers are placed, make sure the bedroom/kitchen/main doors are kept closed! Of course, if the air outside is adequately good quality (which it currently is NOT), you should be ventilating the rooms to reduce the CO2 levels with the purifiers turned off.
Just received my 4th air purifier. Have 2 honeywell HAC35M1101G/W (costed me around 25K each) and a Philips 3256 (another 25K plus purifier, which I got for less than 19K on a great discount from amazon). Initial impressions -- this purifier costing less than half of the other purifiers gives them more than a decent run for their money!
1 This purifier has a CADR of over 300 (310 to be precise). More than the honeywell (CADR of 300) but less than that of Philips (CADR of 367). However, there is a discernible difference between the volume of clean air Mi throws out at max speed as compared to Philips and Honeywell. Mi Purifier 2 wins! Side-note: All the purifiers are super silent on Auto mode when the air is clean and in Night Mode.
2 Very easy to set up using the Mi Home app on iPhone (sorry, I don't own an Android phone!). Via the app on your phone, you can control the purifier remotely. This is a BIG PLUS! I can monitor air quality at home remotely (using the AirVisual node -- see below) and turn this purifier ON accordingly. This useful feature is lacking in Honeywell and Philips. This feature also comes in handy to use this purifier in my kids bedroom so that I can start it remotely because kids usually don't remember to start or shut down the purifier.
Via the app, you can control the following (besides seeing other stats):
- turning it on/off,
- switching the mode between auto/night/manual,
- and, the speed in manual mode
3. It also has a turbo mode which you can enable in the App settings. Only Philips, which is 3x as expensive, also offers turbo mode but this purifier's turbo mode completely blows away Philips' turbo mode. There is no comparison. Turbo mode essentially cleans the air faster, but it is loud! I use this mode sparingly.
4. The purifier throws the clean air vertically upwards the way the purifiers should so that there is no obstruction in the dispersion of the clean air. Philips and Honeywell throw the clean air upwards too, but at an angle because the way their vents are located. This is less than ideal because then the clean air hits the wall and bounces off of that.
-- the air quality reading isn't accurate. But then, no air purifier has accurate PM 2.5 reading. They tend to give the PM reading of the air which is in their immediate vicinity.
-- unit doesn't have a convenient handle to carry. But it is a light unit.
So, how does it perform?
I own an AirVisual node that I got from the US which gives extremely accurate reading of the air quality inside. When I put the node physically on the exhaust vents of the purifiers operating at full speeds, the lowest AQI reading I have seen are as below (anything below 50 is considered to be good):
-- the honeywell purifiers: 17
-- Philips: 4.
-- Mi Air Purifier 2 gets me a reading of 1. That's the lowest and best possible!!
The proof is in the pudding! If this air purifier continues to perform good, I may just consider selling the Honeywell purifiers and get more of these!!
PS: Folks have said that the filters would need to be replaced frequently on this purifier. Well, that *might* be true.
Air Filter Life, an update after 10 days:
The filter life at 100% is 145 days i.e. when you have bought unit brand new. I have now been operating the purifier daily for 10 days. The remaining life of the filter is however at 141 days and not 135 days. That's because I have used it for 90 hours (i.e. roughly 4 days) in the 10 days I have used it. Point being -- the filter will last you much longer than the 145 days because you only need to run the purifiers during certain times of the day -- before, during, and after cooking hours, an hour before ur bedtime (during night, it can be left on AUTO), or right AFTER you have u have opened the windows for ventilation (i.e. use the purifiers after you have closed the windows). Of course if you run it 24x7, it will last 145 days, but then you shouldn't be running these 24x7 (see tips below).
- ensure that you have the air purifiers running in manual mode or at least at a speed of 3 (Medium). Running air purifiers in AUTO is simply pointless! All it does is save you electricity. What it does NOT do is clean air as fast as it should because the sensors on purifiers aren't that smart. In auto mode, they will respond to AQI levels of the air near to the purifier, which are low because that air is clean anyways. I highly recommend running them at least at a speed of 3.
- ventilate your home/apartment early morning hours for 30-45 mins and maybe once in the evening to reduce the CO2 levels by opening your windows and turning on the ceiling fans. During these times the purifiers should be off. Ventilation would deteriorate the AQI level though. So turn on the purifiers right after the ventilation.
-- Turn OFF your purifiers when there is dusting/brooming/any sort of work that blows more dust than usual (carpentry etc) going on in the house. This will clog the filters faster. Turn the purifiers on AFTER the dust work has finished.
- please dump those "agarbattis" and air freshners if you have any. They would spike the AQI to over 200 in a jiffy!!
I am a tech sevy person and i tried all means to connect thia device to the internet but no go.
I also called the MI helpline but the tech there have no idea what to do. They divert you to the service centre. Took the device to the service centre as well. There they were not able to connect to the internet as well even on their router. I also got the Internet service provider replace their router and change all the possible settings. The device is now connected to the router but not yet connected to the app.
After everything, I took a replacement. The companies MI and Amazon are good, they sent a new device while collecting the old one itself.
However, the joy was shortlived. The new device has the same issue. Now i do not want to take the refund as otherwise the device is silent and seems good one. Hence, now using the device without internet.
Pls do not expect to use the app or any wifi feature if u r looking to buy this device.
Although my experience was not good on the first one as I was not able to set it up, yet re- ordered the same with the expectation that the first one might have been faulty. Again had to go through the same ordeal of trying to setup the purifier and failing, none was able to help, not the online portal nor the customer care. Since I had some time, I tried ways to circumvent the failure at setup. Finally after much trial and error was able to successfully setup the purifier. It was the victory in itself.
Finally, getting to the product. It's a good product in its price range but have some glaring shortcoming.
1. turbo mode: a s/w cutoff of 3 hours, not good as this is a mode that Cleans the room quickly. Only way to bypass the same is setting up a schedule that it turns off in 2 hours 55 minutes and starts in favourite mode again.
2. The air sensors is all over the place. Not reliable as it's variance is higher. Other dedicate air particulate counter show a variable of 20-40 from the inbuilt sensor.
3. This is the most disappointing of all that the purifier does not take the particulate content below 30ppm for on pm 2.5. Had to do a DIY over the filter just to get it lower.
Overall, it's a great product in its price range, the comparable products are 7-8k costlier. But this product is totally let down by its software. All the limitation except probably the sensors are Software implement making this a product from a 5 🌟 to a 3-3.5 🌟 product.
Hopefully Xaomi will rectify these mistakes in the future
After I installed Mi Home app and tried to connect the device, my phone is able to connect to device without issues, but the device is unable to connect to my wifi network.
Device was working perfectly, but without app configured , you will not be aware what is it exactly doing. The pollution levels etc.,
Without app configured, it is just like a continuous fan running in your house (of course with a filter in it). I raised a return request after trying to configure it for 4days.
Device = MI Air Purifier 2
will update on this later