I have gone through this book, the book contains current affairs and static general knowledge, the current affairs part is really good, with all relevant information and straight to the point approach. The book covers some essays through out the book of yester year events like demoitisation, globalisation vs protectionism, GST, Refugee crisis etc. The book even contains English grammar, general Aptitude & personality development. It's really helpful for the ones preparing for cgl, chsl and other government services --By Carpeomnious on 20 January 2017
The book covers all the fields, with upto date current information of the year 2016. The best features of the book are its Infographics, charts etc which covers all the information very tactfully. It also has sections dedicated to History, Geography,Economy, Science, Panorama, Ecology etc. It's a must buy to prepare for any competitive exam where General Knowledge and Current affairs are asked. A must buy for any aspirants --By Aditya Chhabra on 2 January 2017
Disha’s The MEGA Year Book is heralded as one of the most authoritative and comprehensive compendiums of high-quality reference materials on all subjects – Current Affairs, Panorama, Geography, History, Polity, Economy, Finance, General Science, Environment, Art & Culture, Sports, Healthcare, Education & Career, English Language and many more. The MEGA Year Book 2017 has been designed to cater to aspirants of various competitive exams like Civil services, Banks, Railways, UPSC and PSC exams and Quiz Competition across the country. It equally serves teachers, researchers, media persons, planners, avid readers and laymen. The book is equally useful for school students who want to increase their knowledge/ awareness.
The book has a very vast coverage and covers everything and anything related to current affairs general knowledge. The book can be divided into 2 broad parts: Part A - Current Affairs; Part B - General Knowledge
Current Affairs contains Latest Articles, India Timelines, World Timelines, Top 500 People, Events, Ideas and Issues, Emerging Trends, INDIA - SWOT, Cause & Effects, Unanswered Questions, Coming Up 2016 etc.
The 2nd part - General Knowledge contains India Panorama, World Panorama, Most Famous People of All Time, Geography, History, Polity, Economy, Business, General Science, Ecology and Environment, Art & Culture, Sports, Healthcare, Communication, News & Media, Education & Career, IT & Computers, English Language, General Aptitude, Technology, FUN ZONE, etc.
Single Book Multiple Features:
• The India - SWOT Analysis - covers the social, political & economic aspects.
• Fun Zone - which covers Scramble, Brain Teasers, Maths Fun, Crosswords, Mail Cartoon, Twitter Tweets, Amazing Facts etc.
• Timeline 2016 - covering the timeline of important dates from Jan-Dec 2016 of India and the World.
• Top 500 - covering the Top 500 People, Events, Ideas and Issues that raised their head in 2016.
• Indian Panorama - which captures every essence of all the states along with various superlatives. World Panorama - which captures every essence of all the countries along with various superlatives.
• Sectional Mindmaps - which presents the structure of each of the sections in a graphical pattern.
• Most Famous People of All Time - of India/ world.
• English Language - captures the basic definitions and rules of Grammar, Parts of Speech, etc. along. with day-to-day useful Idioms, phrases, words, foreign words and confusing words.
• Aptitude - highlighting the various things we should work on to build our aptitude.
• 10 Analytical Articles - capturing the hottest of the issues of 2016.
• Coming Up 2017 - capturing the events to come and what to expect in 2017.