- Paperback: 1256 pages
- Publisher: Lonely Planet; 18 edition (30 September 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1787013693
- ISBN-13: 978-1787013698
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 5.3 x 19.8 cm
- Customer Reviews: 51 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#84,532 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #205 in Travel & Holiday Guides (Books)
Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Country Guide) Paperback – 30 September 2019
Save Extra with 4 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Cashback: Get ₹50 cashback as Amazon Pay Balance on paying with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st ever Amazon Pay UPI transaction on Mobile App Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
I bought it because the North east is now open to tourism. Sadly, it doesn't seem the "author" visited.
I then checked a town I know very well. It still recommends a terrible, terrible hotel as "great". It has been awful for a decade.
Now luxury places... Yes. They seem to have looked at a few of those. Go to town, eat in a fancy restaurant, stay in the most expensive hotel - job done!
Job not done.
This is supposed to be a BACKPACKERS guide. It's not. By creating hubs based on quality and value it used to create community.
It now has zero value compared to using the Indian hotel booking apps (not mentioned!), Trip advisor, etc.
This is just embarrassing. It reminds me of the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. "Mostly harmless".
The book is a little bit thick, and I wish it were just bigger and thinner, but I think for an information book like that it's OK. Maybe designers thought small size to be more practical, or maybe the pages would be more prone to tearing and crumpling because they are very thin.
Guida completa e ottima come sempre.
Also it is not organized well we like the Michelin guides