- Reading level: 9 - 11 years
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Children's Classics; Reprint edition (2 August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780099572961
- ISBN-13: 978-0099572961
- ASIN: 0099572966
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.6 x 18.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 143 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,145 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Little Women (Vintage Classics) Paperback – 2 Aug 2012
|Paperback, 2 Aug 2012||
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A Beautiful heartwarming read" (Cathy Rentzenbrink Prima)
"Timeless." (Helen Dunmore Daily Express)
"I try to get every girly girl to read this one because those four sisters are so real. Everybody's favourite is Jo, the tomboy who wants to be a writer" (Jacqueline Wilson)
"Deals with life's big questions - love and death, war and peace, and ambition versus family responsibility - in a way that is inspiring and realistic. Use a hankie as a bookmark - tears are guaranteed" (Marie Claire)
"Louisa May Alcott's Little Women is as much a part of every girl's childhood as her first pair of ballet shoes and the Brothers Grimm" (Mail on Sunday)
About the Author
Louisa May Alcott was born on 29 November 1832 in Pennsylvania and she grew up with plenty of books to read but seldom enough to eat. Louisa went to work when she was very young as a paid companion and teacher, but she loved writing most of all and like Jo March she started selling sensational stories in order to help provide financial support for her family. She worked as a nurse during the American Civil War but the experience made her extremely ill. Little Women was published in 1868 and was based on her life growing up with her three sisters. She followed it with three sequels, Good Wives (1869), Little Men (1871) and Jo's Boys (1886) and she also wrote other books for both children and adults. Louisa was also a campaigner for women's rights and the abolition of the slave trade. She died on 6 March 1888.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
143 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would highly recommend every girl( even boys!) to read this brilliant classic! :)
But my rating is the deterioration of the book cover after 5 months please see the pic attached.