- Paperback: 912 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 9 edition (15 May 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118999878
- ISBN-13: 978-1118999875
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 5.1 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,27,650 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 296.69 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
Linux Bible Paperback – 15 May 2015
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The ultimate guide to mastering Linux
This fully updated 9th edition of Linux Bible gives beginners and intermediate users alike the knowledge and skills to take Linux to the next level. With an emphasis on command–line tools and a focus on the latest versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, and Ubuntu, renowned Linux expert and bestselling author Christopher Negus guides you step–by–step through detailed demonstrations and exercises designed to provide you with a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Linux operating system. Linux Bible, 9th Edition also provides exam prep materials for various Linux certifications.
Linux is at the heart of most technological advances in cloud computing and that means you need a solid understanding of Linux to work effectively in tomorrow′s data centers. The Linux basics you learn early on in the book are applied in later chapters as the author demonstrates how to deploy Linux systems as hypervisors, cloud controllers, and virtual machines, as well as manage virtual networks and networked storage.
Linux Bible, 9th Edition shows you how to get and install Linux, begin using it, and ultimately excel at administering and securing it. This book is also an excellent resource for software developers who wish to use Linux as a developer workstation.
The Linux Bible, 9th Edition shows you how to:
- Get started with Linux
- Become a Linux power user
- Access a shell and write simple shell scripts
- Administer Linux systems and servers
- Secure Linux systems and networks
- Configure various servers and troubleshoot common problems
- Create Linux virtual machines that run on hypervisors and cloud platforms
Start with any Linux system and advance to enterprise Linux computing
- Use your favorite Linux distribution to learn and test your skills with Linux command–line tools
- Learn professional system administration tasks using Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Ubuntu LTS, CentOS, or other enterprise–ready Linux systems.
- Deploy Linux to the cloud
About the Author
Christopher Negus has been teaching and writing about Linux and UNIX for more than 25 years. He is an instructor and principal technical writer for Red Hat, Inc., and the author of dozens of Linux and UNIX books, including Red Hat Linux Bible (all editions), CentOS Bible, Fedora Bible, Ubuntu Linux Toolbox, Linux Troubleshooting Bible, Linux Toys,and Linux Toys II.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought it learn Apache and ended up learning that the commands had changed when compared to one printed on the box.
A complete refreshment might do good for the book, however content wish it is great!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews