- Reading level: 8 - 16 years
- Hardcover: 342 pages
- Publisher: Rupa Publications India (23 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788129134899
- ISBN-13: 978-8129134899
- ASIN: 8129134896
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #10,239 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ 83.00 Delivery charge
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Life in the IAS: My Encounters with the Three Lals of Haryana Hardcover – 8 Aug 2017
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Ram Varma was teaching English at the University of Jodhpur when in 1964 he was admitted to the Indian Administrative Service which catapulted him into the corridors of power. Initially allocated to the Punjab cadre, he was transferred to Haryana at its formation in 1966.
In the course of his illustrious career, Varma worked as Director of Public Relations and Tourism, Director of Agriculture and Deputy Commissioner, Bhiwani, during Bansi Lal's rule till 1977. Later, he worked as Director of Public Relations and Tourism and State Transport Commissioner under Bhajan Lal. Under Devi Lal's reign, he held the important portfolio of Chairman, Electricity Board. When Bansi Lal became chief minister again in 1996, he appointed Ram Varma his Principal Secretary.
Varma became Chief Secretary, Haryana, in 1997 and retired in August 2000.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Its nice to know haryana story being from delhi .proud of this ias varma