Lensmate Canon G7X Mark II 52mm Quick Change Filter Adapter Kit
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Add any standard 52mm filter to your Canon G7 X with no vignetting through-out the entire focal range
- The lensmate canon G7 X quick-change filter adapter kit 52mm includes part 1 the tiny receiver, part 2 the actual 52mm filter adapter, safe removal tool, 52mm clip in style lens cap, and a handled lid container for the filter/filter holder/lens cap assembly for convenient storage camera and filter not included
- Only the tiny receiver stays on the camera (it adds only 3mm to the depth of the camera) the filter/filter holder assembly bayonets onto the receiver for quick changes without having to thread the filter on and off
- The tiny receiver attaches to end of the cameras zoom lens using a custom 3M dual-sided adhesive film which holds tenaciously yet is easy to remove cleanly and safely when desired the quick change kit packaging includes a URL to the install instructions and removal instructions
- You may use 2 filters at a time, with no vignetting at any focal length
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
We designed the system so that the filter remains in the filter holder and is attached/detached as an assembly. The filter holder bayonets onto camera with less than 90 degree of rotation to the locked position. The low tension locking system assures that the lens barrel won't be harmed by over-enthusiastic tightening (or loosening) of the filter. The ability to quickly change the filter without having to thread or unthread should appeal to filter users. You'll find that you're more likely to use your filters when they can be mounted and removed this easily. You may use 2 filters at a time, with no vignetting at any focal length.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As such, lens protection is pretty much mandatory. There are three ways to get this protection.
The first, is a cheap lens cap. However, a lens cap interferes with the lens motor if you're like me and don't always remember to take the lens cap off before powering the camera on. The camera will notice the obstruction when operating the camera motor and shut itself off. I don't think this is good for the lens motor and it also leaves your lens vulnerable while shooting.
The second, is a magnetic filter attachment. It's great because it doesn't impede the lens extension, keeps protecting the camera during operation, and gives you the nifty option of using various filters. However, magnets are susceptible to bumps and contact; sometimes knocking them off completely.
This Lensmate adapter is held on by adhesive and it's rather strong (although I haven't tried removing it). Standard 52mm filters fit easily over it (you can even stack filters if you wish). It really is the best option. It even comes with a snap-in lens cover. I wish I had read that earlier ... I bought one in the same order as this product.
The only cons about adding filters and lens caps is that it makes the camera lens protrude out farther from the body. However, that's to be expected, unavoidable, and not a downfall of the product itself.
1. I needed a UV filter because I've been in situations where the day can be too sunny at times and I have no time to wait.
2. I needed a ND filter because the built in one is nice but not enough to compensate for those day shoots where regular people like me take pictures and not photo because I am still a point and shoot type of guy.
3. It allows me to put on lens cover which protects the front because this camera is easily prone to nicks and bump! Beautiful camera but easily prone.
- You need a 2nd ring that connects the 52mm filter with the adapter you just glued to the lens. this ring does add more thickness as it provides threads for the filter
- Now add thickness of your filter
- Add thickness of the 52mm lens-cap included in this kit
This adds up to ~20mm -- that 20mm increase is larger than the existing lens protrusion
adding filters (especially ND & POL) is very useful
BE AWARE :
Adding filters comes at a price.
You always can remove the 52mm adapter but you risk wear & tear on the adapter.
If you keep the adapter, camera & lens stick out more.
To protect your filter, you want a lens-cap -- and that is included. This cap adds a lot more thickness
[UPDATE -- and rate it 4-star instead of 3-star]
The biggest plus of this add-on is the possibility to quickly attach a filter whenever you need it. That mechanism may be a weak spot but it worked so far. I wish they would sell a package with one "receiver" which is glued to the lens and MULTIPLE 52mm adapter rings to fit that "receiver". Such a combo would allow to quickly switch between different filters. E.G. a POL, UV, NG or a ND-filter.