- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: RHUK; 8 edition (12 March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0753541637
- ISBN-13: 978-0753541630
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.8 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 197 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,285 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead Paperback – 12 Mar 2013
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"If you loved Sheryl Sandberg's incredible TEDTalk on why we have too few women leaders, or simply believe as I do that we need equality in the boardroom, then this book is for you. As Facebook's COO, Sheryl Sandberg has first-hand experience of why having more women in leadership roles is good for business as well as society. Lean In is essential reading for anyone interested in righting the injustice of this inequality" Sir Richard Branson, Chairman, the Virgin Group "Sheryl provides practical suggestions for managing and overcoming the challenges that arise on the "jungle gym" of career advancement. I nodded my head in agreement and laughed out loud as I read these pages. Lean In is a superb, witty, candid, and meaningful read for women (and men) of all generations" Condoleezza Rice, Former U.S. Secretary of State "Sheryl Sandberg brilliantly explains how she believes women must put themselves forward if the gender gap is ever to be closed - I agree, but I would add women should not only lean in, but also stand up and cheer." Martha Lane Fox "Eleanor Roosevelt once said, 'No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.' With stories from her own life and data carefully researched, Sheryl Sandberg reminds women that they have to believe in themselves and reach for opportunities. More women than men may need that advice, but I'd bet that both genders would profit from this very well-done book" Marjorie Scardino, Former CEO, Pearson PLC "For the past five years, I've sat at a desk next to Sheryl and I've learned something from her almost every day. She has a remarkable intelligence that can cut through complex processes and find solutions to the hardest problems. Lean In combines Sheryl's ability to synthesize information with her understanding of how to get the best out of people. The book is smart and honest and funny. Her words will help all readers-especially men-to become better and more effective leaders" Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Facebook
A provocative and inspiring work on overcoming the obstacles facing women on the path to leadershipSee all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It can be inspirational at times - but mostly for me it was very realistic and did not give any "gyaan" like suggestions or ideas.
Being a youngster I could not relate to few things since I think our previous generation have gone through that to make our life easier in some cases.
Overall a good book to read and understand the current work environment and how we can approach our colleagues and bosses in a better way to make difference to our careers.
On the flipside though, it is a thoroughly First world account and I didn't find it much 'global' in perspective.
Besides i personally think, getting into sports actively from early age prepares an individual for dealing with team dynamics better.This attitude enables one to grow in their career.
Ms. Sandberg starts the book by giving statistics on low representation of women in senior leadership roles across organizations. Then she goes on to explain some of the reasons as to why women drop off from pursuing a fruitful career. Some reasons are genuine stereotypes that women face in the workplace and others are inherent insecurities that prevent us from taking risks. She also speaks in detail about the myths surrounding "work-life" balance and how employers, family can help in achieving it.
Do give a read- Highly recommended.
Realize how privileged we are that our ancestors fought for women empowerment and what responsibilities we have to ensure their fight was worth the effort.
Quality of the product is good.Light weight.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews