- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing India Private Limited; Latest Edition edition (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781408845042
- ISBN-13: 978-1408845042
- ASIN: 1408845040
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 2.4 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 21 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #17,980 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Kitchen Confidential: Insider's Edition Paperback – 2013
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 cashback as Amazon Pay balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 500 on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
'A compelling book with its intriguing mix of clever writing and kitchen patois ... more horrifically gripping than a Stephen King novel' * Sunday Times * 'Fantastic: as lip-smackingly seductive as a bowl of fat chips and pungent aioli' * Daily Telegraph * 'Elizabeth David written by Quentin Tarantino' * A.A. Gill * 'Extraordinary ... written with a clarity and a clear-eyed wit to put the professional food-writing fraternity to shame' * Observer *
About the Author
Anthony Bourdain was not only the bestselling author of Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, he was also the author of the novels: Bone in the Throat, The Bobby Gold Stories and Gone Bamboo, his work appeared in the New York Times, the New Yorker and Food Arts magazine and he was the host of the international CNN television series Parts Unknown.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
21 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Written honestly (brutally if so), I would give this book a 9.9/10 for entertainment value (and use of cuss words :)), highly recommended not just to foodies and aspiring chefs (in US since he worked mostly there but am sure many commonalities in kitchens everywhere) but everyone who wants a peek into this fascinating stormy world....the next time your food comes out from a well heeled restaurant's kitchen you might appreciate the efforts of the numerous people who created it :)
This latest edition (originally published in 2000) is updated with handwritten notes by Anthony which gives the book a unique feel....
After discovering his passion for food and doing odd jobs he went to CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and afterwards instead of working his way up, learning techniques from well-established chefs, or going to Europe (especially France) to work in some of the best restaurants of the world, Bourdain went straight up the ladder to running restaurants in a short period of time, and eventually giving it all up and becoming more of a TV personality.
Bourdain’s book stands out because of his honesty about everything that happens in the heat of the kitchen and because of the importance he gives to every single person who is even remotely responsible for the food that is served.
His humbleness and his enormous experience are responsible for him becoming the authority on food that he is at present.
In the new edition, Bourdain looks back at his book and inks in a few pointers which depicts how he has matured even further over the years into a much more admired figure internationally.