Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi
Our Price: To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Unsurpassed high resolution - reads like real paper
Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high-resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, print-quality text.
Next-generation reading experience
Kindle Paperwhite introduces our most readable font, Bookerly. Designed from the ground up, Bookerly offers a lighter, more graceful look, much closer to traditional print than to computer displays for enhanced readability, particularly for long-form reading. With improved character spacing and the addition of hyphenation, justification, kerning, ligatures and drop-cap support, Kindle’s best-in-class typography allows you to read more easily and quickly with fewer page turns.
No glare in bright sunlight
Unlike reflective tablet and smartphone screens, the latest Kindle Paperwhite reads like paper – no annoying glare, even in bright sunlight.
Won't tire your eyes in the dark
Kindle Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the display with its built-in front light – so you can read comfortably without straining your eyes. Adjust your screen's brightness for great reading in any light.
Charge monthly, not daily
Kindle Paperwhite won't leave you tethered to a socket. A single charge can last up to six weeks (based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at ten).
Read comfortably with one hand
Thinner than a pencil, lighter than a paperback. Hold Kindle Paperwhite comfortably in one hand for long reading sessions.
Kindle Paperwhite is purposely designed as a dedicated E-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions such as e-mail alerts or push notifications.
Sharp, dark text
Enjoy text that reads like the printed page. All fonts have been hand-tuned at the pixel level for maximum readability and comfort.
Skim through without losing your place
With Page Flip, you can skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end for a sneak peek without losing your place.
Take and share notes
Add margin notes that you can edit, delete or even export from your device to your computer. Share highlighted sections and meaningful quotes on Facebook and Twitter, and see passages frequently highlighted by other Kindle readers.
Read comfortably in one hand
Lighter than most paperback books, comfortably hold Kindle in one hand for long reading sessions.
Look It Up Instantly
Smart Lookup integrates entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X-Ray and Wikipedia, so you can access definitions, characters, settings, and more without leaving your page or losing your place.
It’s even easier to find what you are looking for by combining and previewing results from your Library, Goodreads, and the Kindle Store on the same page.
Squeeze In That Last Chapter
See at a glance how long it will take to finish a chapter or book. Time to Read is personalized based on your reading speed, and is constantly updated as your speed and habits change.
Share with friends on Goodreads
Purchase books without leaving Goodreads on Kindle, and update your reading status more quickly from your device. As always with Goodreads on Kindle, you can connect with the largest online community of book lovers, see what your friends are reading, share highlights, and rate the books you read. Some Goodreads on Kindle features are only available when connected to Wi-Fi.
Share your library with family
Coming Soon - Family Library links your Amazon account to that of your spouse or partner so you can easily share books with your family. For the first time, you can access not only your own Kindle books, but also books from the account of a spouse or partner.
Enhance your vocabulary
Words looked up in the dictionary are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder to expand your knowledge and reinforce retention. Swipe through your vocabulary words, quiz yourself with flashcards, and instantly see those words in context.
Easily learn new words
Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions. Tap on a word to bring up a simple card with definitions, synonyms, and more. You can adjust the number of hints you see with a simple slider.
Expanded X-Ray for books
X-Ray’s new timeline view lets readers easily flip through important passages to remind themselves of what’s happened in the book, or navigate easily through images. X-Ray lets you explore the “Bones of the Book.” See all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
Learn more about a book before you start
With About the Book, see information about the book as you start to read, including its place in a series and author information, plus mark it as “Currently Reading” on Goodreads.
Adjust your text size
Choose from eight text sizes to prevent tired eyes and keep you reading longer.
Carry your entire library
Kindle holds thousands of books, so you’ll never have to leave your favorite titles behind.
Organize your books
Arrange your books into custom categories by using Cloud Collections.
With a single tap, read the complete text of each footnote without losing your place in the book.
Pick up where you left off
Whispersync technology synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations across all your devices so you can pick up exactly where you left off reading.
Never be without a book
Shop Amazon’s expansive selection, choose a title, and begin reading your next book within minutes—no computer required.
Translate passages instantly
Tap any word or highlight a section to instantly translate it into other languages, including Spanish, Japanese, and more. Translations are provided by Bing Translator.
Indian Language Books
NEW – thousands of digital books, including the largest selection of best sellers, free classics, and hundreds of exclusive titles in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati and Malayalam. Browse Now
Low Book Prices
We check prices every day to make sure our prices are the lowest of any e-book store in India. Compare our book prices - you'll like what you find. Over 1.5 million titles at 299 or less and over 500,000 titles at 99 or less.
Exclusive Kindle Titles
Over 800,000 Kindle exclusive titles that you won't be able to find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as P. B. Kolleri, Sri Vishwanath and Phil Rickman.
Free Books in the Public Domain
More than 30,000 free books, such as Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island and Ramayana are available.
Free Book Samples
Download and read samples for free before you decide to buy.
Over three million books, including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives and more.
Kindle Unlimited is a new service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 1 million titles. Freely explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. It's available as monthly subscription and you can save by subscribing for 6 or 12 months. As a member of Kindle Unlimited, you have unlimited access to a growing catalog of over 1 million Kindle books for so long as you are a member of the program. Try it Now
Get Personalised Recommendations
Kindle makes it easy to discover new titles with recommendations personalised just for you. Kindle uses the same personalised customer experience you're used to across Amazon, matching our best recommendations to your personal reading habits.
Get Books in Seconds
Shop Amazon's expansive selection, choose a title and begin reading in seconds. Our fast, free wireless delivers books fast - no computer required.
New titles and archived items are a simple connection away. Connect easily to your home Wi-Fi network or Wi-Fi hotspots on the road.
Find a new favorite with Goodreads
Discover great books with Goodreads on Kindle, an integrated experience that makes it easier than ever to connect and share great reads with friends. Goodreads for Kindle is only available when connected to Wi-Fi.
Fewer distractions, more reading
Kindle is designed for reading, which means zero distractions for kids. With Kindle, they can look up definitions as they read to build their vocabulary and increase the font size for easier reading. They can read thousands of books for free, including classics like Treasure Island and eBooks from your local library. And they can easily take their books with them without loading up a heavy backpack.
Easily learn new words
For kids reading their first chapter books, Word Wise available on many English books makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so they can keep reading with fewer interruptions. Tap on a word to bring up a simple card with definitions, synonyms, and more. Kids can adjust the number of hints they see with a simple slider.
Power up their vocabulary
Kindle makes it easy for young readers to add new words to their vocabulary. Words looked up on Kindle are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder, where kids can quiz themselves with flashcards to reinforce new word retention.
Read Children's Books and Comics
Kindle supports children's books with Kindle Text Pop-Up and comic books with Kindle Panel View, which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel.
Slim, form-fitting covers designed by Amazon perfectly fit your Kindle and provide full front and back protection. The covers are easy to securely attach and remove, and fold back for easy one-handed reading. They automatically put your Kindle to sleep when it is closed and wake it upon opening, making it easy to jump back into your book
We’ve got you covered
A cover crafted from durable polyurethane with a matching microfiber interior protects your Kindle and keeps your screen clean without adding bulk, making it perfect for taking your Kindle wherever you go.
Kindle Paperwhite is a great choice if you already have a high-speed internet connection and wireless router set up in your home. If you do not have Wi-Fi set up at home, Kindle Paperwhite 3G may be a better option – 3G connectivity lets you download books anytime, anywhere.
Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Kindle Paperwhite 3G is the easiest option because there isn't any wireless set-up – you are ready to shop, purchase and read right out of the box. Built-in free 3G connectivity uses the same wireless signals that mobile phones use, but there are no monthly fees or commitments – Amazon pays for Kindle Paperwhite 3G's wireless connectivity. The added convenience of 3G enables you to download books anytime, anywhere, without having to find a Wi-Fi hotspot connection. Your Kindle may use wireless connectivity to make other services available, such as wireless delivery of personal documents, which may require an additional charge.
With wireless coverage in over 100 countries and territories, Kindle Paperwhite 3G lets you download books anytime, anywhere, whether you're relaxing on a beach, at the airport.
Read on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
For those times when you don't have your Kindle with you, just download the Kindle app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer to read your Kindle books.
Never Lose Your Place
Amazon's Whispersync technology remembers where you left off in a book, so you can seamlessly switch between your Kindle and the Kindle app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer without ever losing your place.
Customize your language
Kindle can be used in English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. You can easily select the language that you are most comfortable with, and enjoy instant dictionary lookups in any of these languages.
Never Lose a Book
We automatically back up your entire Kindle library free in the cloud so there’s never a worry about losing your books. Re-download wirelessly anytime for free.
Read books in other languages
Kindle supports the display of non-Latin characters, so you can read books and documents in your favorite language, including enhanced support for Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional). Kindle also displays Korean, Cyrillic, Latin, and Greek scripts, and provides free access to several international dictionaries.
Carry and read personal documents
Email documents—including Word, PDF, and more—directly to your Kindle and read them in Kindle format. You can also send documents to Kindle using Send to Kindle.
Follow along with page numbers
We match the pages of a Kindle book to the text in a print book to identify the corresponding page number. Easily reference and cite passages or read alongside others in a book club or class.
Kindle has an experimental web browser based on WebKit. It’s easy to find the information you’re looking for right from your Kindle. Kindle enables you to connect to the Kindle Store and access Wikipedia, all over Wi-Fi.
Read children’s books and comics
Kindle supports children’s books with Kindle Text Pop-Up, and comic books with Kindle Panel View which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel.
Organize your library
Organize your Kindle library into customized collections, or categories, to easily access any book you are looking for. You can add an item to multiple collections to make organizing and finding titles even easier.
Compare Kindle eReaders
|Built-in Light||No||Yes||Yes + Adaptive light sensor||Yes + Adaptive light sensor|
|Page Turns||Touchscreen||Touchscreen||Touchscreen + PagePress||Touchscreen+Page Turn Buttons|
|Waterproof||No||No||No||Yes - IPX8 (2 meters, 60 minutes in fresh water)|
|Resolution||167 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + Free 3G||Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + Free 3G||Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + Free 3G|
|Battery Life||Battery lasts weeks on a single charge||Battery lasts weeks on a single charge||Battery lasts weeks on a single charge||Battery lasts weeks on a single charge|
|Storage||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||8 GB or 32 GB|
|Weight||161g||Wifi: 205g Wi-Fi + Free 3G: 217g||Wi-Fi: 180g Wi-Fi + Free 3G: 188g||Wi-Fi: 194g Wi-Fi + Free 3G: 194g|
|Dimensions||160 x 115 x 9.1 mm||169 x 117 x 9.1 mm||162 x 115 x 7.6 mm||159 x 141 x 3.4-8.3 mm|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me guess about your thinking that you love books, but you're not sure you want to get a kindle because you love the feel of books, Am I right?
I'm here to tell you that the Kindle is the perfect balance of book and digital format.
Yes, you should buy a kindle.
I love physical books too, I'm with you. But I know myself, and I know that once I forget to take the book I'm reading with me, that's it. I'll start another book and rarely finish the first. I also know if I try and read on my phone or iPad that I'll get distracted and start wondering about what's happening on the internet (Instagram's not gonna scroll ITSELF). Either way, I'm not finishing the book.
WHY YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE KINDLE?
The Kindle takes the best of both worlds and mashes them together. It really looks just like a printed page. So you get the experience of reading a physical paper book, but with the perks of being digital.
- Share what book you're reading to Goodreads, Facebook, or twitter
- Built in the dictionary.
- Export your highlights as a PDF
Plus, it'll also sync with the Kindle app on your phone so you can squeeze in the final few pages of the chapter while you're in the bathroom (don't pretend you don't do that. You're either on your phone)
The backlight looks great. It's a perfect size. And because it's one page at a time, you overcome another annoyance of physical books: you can read laying down in bed without the awkward "I just need to hold the book weird like this for a second while I finish the left page, then I'll be on the right page and can relax" situation. It's great.
You can check out library books digitally without leaving your house. And yes, you can make highlights and export those as a PDF (to answer your next question, yes, you could technically highlight the whole book, but that would take more time than it's worth)
And yes, this is the best e-reader out there. Come on, it's Amazon. ANY book you want is a few taps away.
I am uploading some pros and cons for your better understanding
1. Light weighted and easily fit in your pocket
2. Don't get depressed after buying. It will take some time to adjust to reading on Kindle from Hard books. You will love it once you start reading on Kindle.
3.You can keep multiple books.
4. Compact storage of hundreds of volumes of books (e.g., makes moving easier).
5. Hindi font also available on Kindle.
1. Does not handle graphics information very well at all (maps, charts, photos, diagrams). Best for text-only books (of which there are many).
2. All hard books are not available in Kindle format.
3. You can't listen to Audio Books on Kindle.
4.The Screen is completely Black and White. No Colours. It cannot play Video, Audio or Games.
I am also uploading some pictures for your better understanding as a picture can speak more than a thousand words. I hope this review will help you.
This is Review of Kindle Paperwhite Wifi 2015. I purchased Kindle Paperwhite (Black) at Rs.8999 in December 2015 in a festival discount. I also got Rs.1000 as Promotional Balance to purchase Kindle Ebooks from Amazon. Every One or Two months there is Amazon sale in which Kindle prices are reduced. But Rs.1000 Promotional Balance may not be there now.
Kindle is a device to read ebooks and personal documents which are in the format of AZW3, AZW, MOBI, PRC, PDF, TXT. You need Wifi to download ebooks. Once you have downloaded ebook, You can read it offline. Ebooks can be free or paid.
Before Puchasing Kindle I loved it so much that I searched for every bit of information on the internet. But nothing much was available. Not even in the customer reviews. So after purchasing Kindle, I decided to share every bit of information that I have about Kindle for people who want to buy Kindle.
This review is continuously updated, So you will find something new every time you read this.
1. Good Packing feels like an international product.
2. It is very thin, light and small. Easily fits in pocket.
3. It is much smaller than you think after seeing online pictures and specs
4. Once you switch on the device it automatically guides you about how to use it and register. Also there is a User's Guide Ebook in Kindle which explains all functions.
5. Screen is Glare Free much better than a smartphone or tablet. You can read even in bright Sunlight. If the backlight is turned Off, reading Screen's white portion is yellowish just like the paper of books. That's why it is called Paperwhite.
6. There are two separate models of Kindle Paperwhite. One with only Wifi and other one with Wifi and 3G. The 3G model has free internet usage. You will not be required to pay internet charges for downloading books from Amazon in 3G model.
7. Don't get depressed after buying. It will take some time to adjust to reading on Kindle from Hard books. You will love it once you start reading on Kindle.
8. Everything From Hardware to Software is well thought of and planned in minute detail. It is a very intelligent device. It is a masterpiece.
10. On the bottom of Kindle you have micro-USB port for Transfer of files/Charging, A LED indicator for charging and An ON/OFF button (That is the only button on Kindle except Oasis model).
11. The Charger doesn't come bundled with the Kindle device. No need to buy charger. Your Samsung Smartphone charger or any other Micro-USB charger will work with this. There is only one Micro-USB port in Kindle, use it either to connect to PC or charge the Kindle.
12. Electrical rating written on box says "5.25v == 500mA MAX". Therefore do not buy charger with rating more than 0.5Amp.
13. Battery life is long enough. It will last 6 Weeks, if you read half an hour daily. Provided you keep wifi off and set the brightness level at 10 (Kindle Paperwhite).
14. There are 24 levels of brightness. For me Level 7 is enough for reading even in darkness.
15. I never need to charge it. I connect to my PC everyday for USB synchronization for 5 minutes. That is enough for charging this device.
16. While charging Kindle, Orange indicator light is On, When fully charged the indicator light turns to Green.
17. Though the data cable comes with kindle. Any mobile data cable will work with this.
18. When you switch ON a smartphone or tablet it takes lot of time to boot and then it shows the home screen. But Kindle is switched ON in a second and shows the page which you were reading last time.
19. While Reading the Ebook, Touching Screen on Right Bottom will turn the page forward. Touching Screen on Left Bottom will turn the page backward. Touching Screen anywhere on Top will show the Top Toolbars & Menu.
20.In the bottom left corner while reading an ebook, The Kindle shows you the percentage of book read and estimated time required to complete the chapter and book based on your reading speed.
21. The bottom right corner while reading an ebook shows Wordwise control. If you turn wordwise on then kindle will display meaning of difficult words in small print on top of the difficult words. But that makes reading the book a little bit difficult. You can turn wordwise off and then long press difficult word with your finger to pop-up its meaning by in-built dictionary.
22. The top right corner of Kindle Screen is for bookmarks. While reading book if you tap twice on the top right corner of Kindle Screen the page is bookmarked.
23. You can take Screenshot in Kindle of any screen like Home Screen, EBook Cover, EBook Page etc. You have to touch simultaneously Top Left and Bottom Right of the screen with your fingertip. A png file will be created. You can retrieve that file by connecting Kindle to your PC with USB Cable.
24. You can download MOBI, PRC, PDF, TXT, AZW3 ebooks from internet, Then transfer to your kindle from your computer through USB Cable and read them. There is no limit to how many books you can transfer via USB to Kindle except that your 4GB Kindle memory should have space left.
25. You can download EPUB, Doc, RTF and HTML ebooks from Internet, then Convert to AZW3 or Mobi using Calibre Free Software, Then transfer to your kindle from your computer through USB Cable and read them.
26. While reading an ebook, Kindle shows what passage other people have highlighted. It also shows what notes they have written (from those you follow in kindle community).
27. While reading the ebook, If you slide your finger over a text or long press a word with a finger, the text is selected. Kindle will display the meaning of the selected word. You can search the selected word/text on Wikipedia (Needs Wifi). You can translate the selected word/text (Needs Wifi). You can Highlight or add notes to selected word/text. You can share the selected word/text on Email, Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter. You can search selected word/text in current Book, All books, Kindle Store (Needs Wifi). You can open Dictionary. You can Report Content Error (Type, Formatting, Image, Other, Comments).
28. When you highlight a text or make notes or bookmark a page from ebook, it is stored in My Clippings.txt file. You can access this file from your PC using USB cable. You can collect all the highlights and notes of a particular ebook using this file. Even if you delete highlights, notes, bookmarks from My Clippings.txt file, they are not deleted from ebook.
29. Goodreads is a amazon website that rates, reviews and suggests books. Goodreads is integrated with Kindle that means you can access Goodreads and all its features from kindle. When you open a book for first time on Kindle, The Kindle asks you to mark the book as 'Currently Reading' on Goodreads.
30. Whenever you look at a word meaning while reading a ebook by long pressing a word with your finger, it is added to Vocabulary builder as a flashcard in 'Learning' section. Once you have mastered the word it moves to 'Mastered' section. You can also delete a word from vocabulary builder.
31. In India Kindle comes with two dictionaries inbuilt viz. 'Oxford Dictionary of English' and 'The New Oxford American Dictionary' (Default). You can download a third dictionary with in Kindle free of cost 'Merriam Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary' if required.
32. You can download Encyclopedia and Thesaurus from the web in Kindle format. It will make your Kindle much more useful device. The site is kindlefere.com/en/dict
33. There is an experimental browser inbuilt in Kindle. You can use it to browse internet. It is experimental means it does not have all the features of a browser. If you want to find some information on Google quickly, you can use this browser on Kindle, rather than booting your computer. But it doesn't show the mobile version of the website, It shows the desktop version of the website that's why the webpage text is so small that you have to zoom it by expanding your fingers then scroll from left to right to read each line. It has Back and Forward Navigation, Bookmarks, History and Article Mode. In Article mode, it will delete all images and advertisements and present the webpage text neatly formatted as an article.
34. All ebooks you purchase from Amazon are stored in Cloud (Manage Your Content and Devices), From there, they are downloaded and synced across all your kindle devices and apps. If you want your personal documents or ebooks (purchased from other sources) to be stored in Amazon cloud you will have to attach them in a mail and Send-to-Kindle email address provided to you when you registered your Kindle with Amazon (It is shown in Kindle settings also).
35. If you want to convert documents (htm, html rtf, doc, docx, txt, zip, x-zip, mobi, jpg, gif, bmp, png) (File size 50MB) (Not more than 25 documents attached in a mail) to kindle format you can attach them in a mail, put subject as convert and Send-to-Kindle Email address provided to you when you registered your Kindle with Amazon (It is shown in Kindle settings also).
36. You can read magazines on Kindle. There is separate section for 'Magazines in Kindle Store' on Amazon website. You can buy magazines and read it on Kindle. But magazines will be visible only in Black & White on Kindle. Most of the Popular Magazines are not available in Kindle Formats. You can download free magazines from other sites in PDF format and read it. But again reading PDF documents is not easy on Kindle due to lack of word wrap.
37. There is a free software K2pdfopt on the net which optimizes pdf documents for reading on Kindle device but it increases the file size more than 5 times. But I use WPS Office App on my Android phone to read PDFs. It has 'Mobile View' which optimizes PDF file for viewing on mobile.
38. As of now, there are no Indian newspapers available in Kindle format.
39. You can read any article on internet on your kindle device neatly formatted and in azw3 format. There are bookmarklets for this like Tinderizer, Readability, Klip.me, Instapaper(sends article without images). There are chrome extensions for sending articles to kindle by Amazon, Klip.me, fivefilters.org
40. You can also read RSS feeds from different websites and blogs on your Kindle. The sites which send rss feeds to your Kindle are Kindle4RSS.com, kindlefeeder.com, sendtoreader.com, zenreads.com, keendly.com, inoreader.com, fabreadly.com. But these sites are not much useful. Calibre free software is best for sending RSS feeds to your Kindle device.
41. Also there are many Discussion Forums on the internet for Kindle Device.
42. There are many free books on Amazon which you can download for free on kindle. New free ebooks are daily added on Amazon. Besides on Internet there are many free ebook sites from where you can download ebooks to your pc then transfer them to Kindle through USB cable.
43. The Kindle device automatically updates software from internet and reboots whenever required. If the battery is very low it will not install updates. Intelligently it will install updates once the battery is charged.
44. Once you register Kindle with your Amazon account, You don't need to change Amazon password in Kindle if you change it on the Amazon site.
45. You can preview a book without leaving your current page by swiping your finger from bottom of Kindle Screen to top (Kindle Page Flip). There are three ways to preview a book: Pagewise, Chapterwise, or by using a progress bar.
46. A toolbar displays on top of Home Screen (while reading book it is hidden and only displays If you tap in the top area of Kindle Screen). It has following icons on the top line: Home, Back, Gear(Airplane Mode, Sync My Kindle, All Settings, Backlight Level Slider), Goodreads, Kindle Store, Search (Search Everywhere from Home, Search in Book while reading ebook), Menu.
47. The Menu Contains Following Items on Home Screen: My Library, My Reading Lists (Shows ebook Samples you have downloaded and ebooks from your Amazon WishList), Kindle Store, Goodreads, Vocabulary Builder, Experimental Browser, Settings, Create New Collection (Collections are folders in which you organize ebooks), About Collections.
48. The Menu Contains Following Items while reading the book: Shop Kindle Store, Vocabulary Builder, Settings, Notes, About This Book, Sync to Furthest Page Read, Word Wise.
49. The Second Line of the Toolbar has following views on home screen(Not while reading a book): All(Shows items in the Cloud)/Downloaded View,
Grid/List/All items/Books/Docs/Collections View,
50. While Reading a Book the second line of Toolbar is:
Goto (Shows Table of Contents to navigate, Notes and Highlights from the book), X-Ray (This feature is not available for most of the books), Aa (Select Font, Font Size, Line Spacing, Page Margins, Orientation, Reading Progress (Time left in chapter, Time left in book)) Share (Email, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter), Bookmark.
51. In settings you can set Wifi Off (Airplane Mode), Select Wifi Networks, Register/Deregister Kindle with Amazon, Manage Kindle Passcode, Parental controls (Restrict access to Experimental Web Browser, Kindle Store, Cloud and Goodreads on Kindle), Manage Device Name, Personal Info, Set Device Time, Customize Home Screen View (On/Off Recommendations of other ebooks to buy), Buy Next book in Series, Delete Saved Wi-Fi Passwords, Whispersync for Books, Send-to-Kindle Email, Set the Language for your Kindle, Add Keyboards for different Languages, Set default dictionary for each language, Enable Word Wise and Vocabulary Builder Flashcards, Refresh the display with every page turn, Manage Social Networks to share highlighted passages, Manage public notes, popular highlights and About this book.
52. While reading ebook if you find an image, you can zoom it. Long press image with your finger, a magnifying glass symbol appears. Tap on it to zoom an image.
53. After reading the book, the Kindle asks you to rate the book on a 5 star scale. It also suggests similar or next in series books to buy.
54. If you purchase a book on Amazon and it is not downloading on Kindle automatically, Check another book. If it still doesn't download automatically, you will need to deregister your kindle with Amazon and reregister (Logout of Amazon Account and Relogin) from settings. After reregister you will see that all books you have purchased are shown in Kindle. Adjust view settings to downloaded books and you will see only your books. But collections (folders) in which you arranged books will not be visible. You will need to download your collections from online to offline again after reregister. Then all collections and books will be shown. But books will be shown inside collections and outside also. Change the Display settings to All items and Collections and you will see all folders and books only inside them.
55. Before purchasing an ebook for Kindle from Amazon, read customer reviews marked with verified purchase. Then look inside the ebook especially its Table of Contents. The look inside is available or not you can see from the picture of the cover of book on the book page. You can also download sample of the ebook to your Kindle Device. The Sample usually contains Table of Contents and First Chapter. Once you decide to buy the book after above 3 steps, search Google with title of the book if epub or mobi version of the book is available for download from any site for free. Usually you will get most popular books free of cost to download from many sites. If you do not get book after googling, then purchase the ebook.
56. By pressing Power button the Kindle just Wakes Up from Sleep Mode, It doesn't Restart. To Restart the Kindle press power button for 6 seconds continuously. You will get an option to Cancel, Restart, Screen Off.
57. You can also jailbreak your kindle device by downgrading its update version. Then it will allow you to install custom screensavers, epub reader and better pdf files reader etc. But It is strongly NOT recommended to jailbreak your device.
58. Kindle App for Android/iOS has all the features of Kindle. If you buy a Smartphone or Tablet and download Kindle App. It will become a big screen, Coloured, multipurpose device but you will need to charge your Smartphone/Tablet everyday for hours. You cannot read Smartphone/Tablet in Sunlight and their screens are not glare free.
You can download and use Kindle Software for Desktop PC also.
OR you can use Kindle Cloud Reader on your Chrome Browser.
59. If you are a regular reader of books and read atleast 30 mins daily and if you read western books also then you definitely need Kindle. But if you are irregular reader and only read sometimes then better option is to buy about 15 hard books for Rs. 3000 than spending Rs 9000 for Kindle Paperwhite and save Rs.6000.
1. Packing without thermocol or anything else to prevent shock
2. Kindle should come bundled with Wall Charger and Carrying Case at the same price.
3. White and Grey color should be available for all Kindle models.
4. Hard User guide that comes with Kindle has just one page in English and It tells how to switch on the device, that's all.
5. Complete Technical specifications should also be included in the User Guide.
6. Screen is completely Black and White. No Colours. It cannot play Video, Audio or Games.
7. Amazon should try to make E-Ink Screen of Kindle Coloured. Invest in R&D for this.
8. There are no Page Turn Buttons or a Home button on Kindle. Including them will make it more convenient.
9. For most of the ebooks there are no page numbers in kindle, only location number in thousands which seem to be arbitrary. This is a little bit discomfortable.
10. Does not display PDF files properly, the font is very small. If you enlarge the font then you have to scroll left to right to read each line.
11. You will have to convert PDF files to another format using Calibre free software or optimize it for reading on Kindle by using K2pdfopt software.
12. All hard books are not available in kindle format.
13. Hindi font should be available in Kindle sold in India.
14. Kindle should support EPub, Doc, Rtf and HTML formats natively.
15. Kindle should come with Encyclopedia and Thesaurus inbuilt like dictionaries.
16. Kindle should come with preinstalled Games to make the Kindle more interesting.
17. The real cost of manufacturing this device, I guess, should be 1/4th of the price at which it sells.
18. You will not get free Wifi in Wifi only model. But you get Free 3G data in Wifi+3G Model.
19. You will get free 3G but you can't access anything except Wikipedia, Goodreads, Post on Social Network and download ebooks from Kindle store. You can't get 3G connection everywhere.
20. My Kindle device hangs once in 3 months. It either automatically reboots or you reboot it manually. After that it starts working fine. So no issues.
21. You can't listen to Audio Books in Kindle. But on Tablet/Smartphone you can listen.
22. There should be a speaker inbuilt in Kindle. Then you can listen to audio books. Dictionary can come with pronunciation.
23. As kindle is a costly device it should come with 32GB memory rather than 4GB currently. Then whole of Wikipedia can be inbuilt for offline browsing. That will make Kindle much more useful device. Out of 4GB only about 3GB is available to user for storing ebooks. But even in 3GB memory you can store more than Thousand ebooks. In my Kindle I have calculated that on an average an ebook takes 2.7MB space, So in 3GB Kindle space you can store more than Thousand ebooks.
24. In Kindle Unlimited subscription you can download 10 kindle unlimited ebooks at a time. After 10 ebooks, You will have to return old books to get new books. In Kindle Unlimited subscription ebooks will be deleted automatically after your Kindle Unlimited subscription ends. But this limitation is only for Kindle Unlimited Subscription.
25. The limit in Kindle Unlimited Subscription is Total 1000 ebooks or 30 days whichever comes first, if you pay for one month subscription. YES, you can download and store 1000 ebooks on your COMPUTER FOREVER by just paying Rs.150 for one month Kindle Unlimited Subscription. The ebooks can be downloaded to your computer forever from 'Manage Content and Devices' page on Amazon Website. The ebooks on your Kindle device get deleted NOT the ebooks on your computer. But if you download 1000 ebooks, they will go waste and will keep lying on your computer. You will never feel like reading them. Though you will falsely feel that you have made good use of your money. I am telling this from my personal experience. It is better to download 10 to 20 ebooks. Then you will read most of them and make good use of your money. You don't need Kindle device for Kindle Unlimited Subscription, You can also use Kindle Cloud Reader (Browser), Kindle for PC or Kindle App for Smartphones.
26. If you transfer azw3 files from USB, sometimes Kindle will not pick it up and it does not show.
27. Most of the times Amazon transfers ebooks in KFX format which sometimes will not be detected by Kindle when you Manually transferred via USB to Kindle. You can download its AZW3 version from 'Manage Your Content & Devices' page. For Hindi books sometimes only KFX version is available and you cannot download AZW3 version.
28. File names of the many Kindle ebooks are so long that they create problem while backing up in PC. If you shorten the file name of the Kindle ebook using USB and PC, then the ebook doesn't show up in the kindle at all.
29. You can't use OTG cable to connect to pendrive or a 3G Dongle as the Kindle is not a tablet with a file explorer. But you can use your PC with USB cable to transfer files.
30. It does not have a playstore from where you can install apps as it is not a tablet. But it does have a Kindle store from where you can download free and paid ebooks.
31.Ordinary Kindle (Rs.4999 167ppi Screen Resoultion, No LEDs, TouchScreen)
Kindle Paperwhite(Rs. 8999 300ppi Screen Resolution, 4LEDs, TouchScreen).
Kindle Voyage (Rs. 16499 300ppi Screen Resolution, 6LEDs, Adaptive Light Sensor, TouchScreen+PagePress)
Kindle Oasis (Rs.23999 300ppi Screen Resolution, 10LEDs, TouchScreen+Page Turn Buttons, Charging Cover Included, Battery Life in Months)
You can purchase Ordinary Kindle without backlight if you are not going to read in the dark at night. Ordinary Kindle has all the features in it that other Kindle devices have. If you like reading in dark then you can go for Kindle Paperwhite. Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis are too costly.
32. Kindle is a bit unstable device. Sometimes it doesn't show a book you copied by usb cable. Sometimes it doesn't show an ebook if it is moved inside a folder. Sometimes it moves ebooks automatically outside of the folder etc. It keeps on doing peculiar things.
33. Kindle doesn't have any service or repair centre in India. They only have a call centre in Bangalore for Kindle.
34. The screen technology of Kindle is called E-Ink. It is black & white. It can't play videos. There are two new technologies CLEARink and i.MX 7. Which are cheaper to manufacture and coloured and can play Videos. But how much time Amazon will take to adopt these new technologies can't be said.
35. Life becomes more complicated with each device you buy. After buying Kindle my computer and internet tasks have increased manifold. I have to spend lot of time on
a) Finding Ebook Sites
b) Contantly checking Ebook Sites for new releases
c) Downloading Ebooks from Sites
e) Managing and Organizing Downloaded Ebooks on Computer
f) Converting Downloaded Ebooks in Kindle format
g) Transferring converted ebooks to Kindle
h) Organizing ebooks in Kindle into Collections
i) Keeping Backup of Kindle Ebooks on Computer
j) Makig a file of highlighted or noted text from each ebook
k) Writing reviews of the read ebooks
You can check online review of Kindle Paperwhite at ashwynm.blogspot.in/2016/08/kindle-paperwhite-review.html
1. Paper white is costlier than its basic model. But you can save a lot of money spend on paperback with kindle stores or download books from online for free.
2. It's light. That's a great advantage when you think often.
3. It comes handy. You can read during the shortest break. All you have to do is to switch it on. Read it. Need not think about book marking. Close it when you feel.
4. Need no notepad, pencil,arker while you read.
5. No need a phone to browse the meaning.
6. Battery is pretty decent. Last for a week.( with Wi-Fi on, backlight on, 3 hours a day of use)
7. E-ink feels like a paper print.
8. Doesn't support PDF,EPUB files. You can convert them to mobile for free.
9. Pay the amount for kindle books and read it in a go rather than order a paper book and wait at a door step for days.
10. No Amazon service centre for kindle in Indian ? Biggest drawback. Keep you device safe.
11. Don't buy screen guard or pouch for kindle. It's a waste of money. Screen guard will reflect light spoiling the main purpose of Kindle.
12. Buy it in near by showroom than on online. But beware of their tactics to sell insurance to you.
13. Kindle are for readers who read atleast a book in a week. Others please try to read paperback book first to cultivate consistent reading habit. Don't try to act like a tech gadget guru.
14. Giving 3 🌟 because I not skeptical about kindle service centre in India.