- The coupler was not centered ... it was loose and it rocked up-down & side-to-side
- Both jars didn't engage firmly on the base - they rattled & shook. So dangerous...
- The chutney jar was tiny ... could make a small amount of chutney for just one person.
- The manual is laughable - it says to put the chutney jar on the base then add the ingredients - how on earth could that be possible because its an up-side-down jar like a Nutribullet - opens at the base. Besides, no one sets the jar on the base then adds ingredients - ingredients are added first, then the jar in set on the base.
- Kent should be aware always that a customer brings money to their business - it's obvious no one in the even checked the manual ... among several other things
- I for one read reviews and they definitely sway my choices ... Kent should be aware of this too ...
- I couldn't wait to repack the machine and ask Amazon for a pickup, so didn't bother to check out any other aspect of the machine
- I promptly ordered a Morphy Richards mixer grinder ... I've used one for 12 years and it's still going strong ... the person I'm giving it to is thrilled to bits with it. And they don't need Hema Malini as a brand ambassador - the product speaks for itself.
I should have remembered Kent's standards are abysmally low - I bought their RO water filter bcz it was the first one in the market ... I had many, many challenging experiences with Kent's service teams - I found out they are all franchisees and it is evident no standards are set by Kent and no printed official price list for spare parts is issued by the company - service guys (can't call them technicians..!) have even pulled out parts from my machine and tried to sell them back to me ..! And I always have to check with the Bangalore office the prices of the spares ... there's always a discrepancy ..!
(I did want to upload videos of the rattles & shakes, but don't know how to do this from my phone to my laptop...)